Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Error uploading when username has special characters.  (Read 2086 times)

Lorne

• Coppermine newbie

Users with special characters in their username, like ' , get an error message when uploading images to the gallery. The gallery is linked to a phpBB forum and shares the same database.
We are still in a testing phase and only have 5 member. Two of them have a ' in their username. Both cannot upload images, getting the message: "There was an error while processing a database query". The files are uploaded to the server, but they are not in the album. Both users are administrators and don't need approval.
After changing the username (deleting the ' ), there is no problem.
We have been testing at another site as well, with a differnet webhost, same thing happens there.

We're building a fantasy related website and are expecting some of our members will use special characters in their names. We haven't run any tests to check if other characters cause the same problem. We have a test account with a - in it, that works just fine.  

« Last Edit: May 14, 2004, 07:22:08 am by GauGau »

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Error uploading when username has special characters.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 10:07:33 am »

This has been discussed before, and was fixed, see here.

What version are you using?  If 1.2x it is probably an old version, if 1.3bata, we need to know so we can fix it.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Lorne

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Error uploading when username has special characters.
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2004, 01:27:33 pm »

We're using Coppermine 1.2.1

I missed that fix when I searched this forum before posting. I added the code and it works fine now.

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 18 queries.