Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Install Stops w/ Permission Errors  (Read 6217 times)

bhineline

• Coppermine newbie
Install Stops w/ Permission Errors
« on: October 16, 2003, 06:58:09 pm »

I am trying to install CPG 1.2.0 on HP-UX v11.11 (11i) under Apache 2.0.43 and PHP v4.2.3.  I have the CPG files located under a separate (but local) mount point called /GALLERY and the ownership is www:www (which matches my Apache configuration for User and Group).  Immediately upon accessing install.php, I get an error about file permissions needing changed for include, albums, and userpicks.  I have given each directory 777 and given /GALLERY 777 as well.  When I press TRY AGAIN, the error just repeats.  Am I missing something?  I have tried downloading CPG 1.1 and get the same problem.

Thanks for any help... I'm hoping I've overlooked something really obvious... :)

Zarsky

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • Zerr Family Website
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2003, 09:46:29 pm »

Are you by chance running under AFS or NFS file systems?  If so please make sure your ACLs are set correctly.  I have had a bugger of a time getting Coppermine to run properly under AFS and/or NFS based systems.  Also...are you running a cgiwrap to process php by chance?  

Please post a link to your phpinfo file, sio I can see your exact setup....based upon your message I would think you have the expertise to do that without me telling how.  Search the board otherwise.
Read the Online DOCs, FAQ, and SEARCH the board BEFORE posting questions for help.

bhineline

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2003, 09:54:20 pm »

Thanks for the reply.  Not running under AFS or NFS so no ACL problems here... I'm brand new to PHP so I have know clues about the phoinfo file so maybe there's a setting I'm missing.  It's pretty much out of the box at this point as is my php.ini.  I know I need to give them some attention but don't know what... any help is appreciated!

Zarsky

• VIP
    • Zerr Family Website
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2003, 11:39:10 pm »

Don't mean to sound rude, but this support board is not meant to provide help on setting up and configuring your own server.  As for the PHPinfo file....place the following in a file called phpinfo.php and upload it to your webserver:

Code: [Select]
<?php
phpinfo
();
?>

Then come back here and place a link to it, and perhaps someone can help you.
Read the Online DOCs, FAQ, and SEARCH the board BEFORE posting questions for help.

bhineline

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2003, 11:44:21 pm »

Well, you did sound rather rude so having said that, I would have expected that this support board would help with issues surrounding basic configuration requirements.  

At this point, I'll just take it upon myself to figure it out and avoid wasting your time.

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2003, 01:10:28 am »

bhineline,

Check and see if HP put an openbasedir restriction into effect in your php.ini file. They would probably do that, and you would get those errors if your CPG files are not within the specified directory.  The error is generated when CPG asks PHP to check to see if each of the directories you mentioned is writable, and PHP seems to think they are not. Since you have made them universally writable, the problem will most likely be in php.ini.  Alternatively, sometimes the server does not recognize the CPG script ID as a user that can write to a directory, but it sounds like you have already addressed that.

HP-UX -- you have expensive taste.  :D

-Hyperion
&quot;Then, Fletch,&quot; that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, &quot;let&#039;s begin with level flight . . . .&quot;

-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

(http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/buttons/getfirefox_small.png)

bhineline

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2003, 04:08:10 am »

hyperion...

Thanks for the help... it's appreciated.  Unfortunately the variable was not set (commented out).  Is there a good resource that you're aware of for documentation of PHP.INI?  As I mention in a previous message...  :evil: ... I'm new to PHP so I may not have all the obvious answers.  

Oh.. and I inherated one of my old servers from my office.  We just retired about 10 of them.  Just a true geek I suppose...  :lol:

Zarsky

• VIP
    • Zerr Family Website
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2003, 04:28:51 am »

See this is what happens when I prefix a statement "I do not mean to sound rude"....I meant exactly what I said.  The devs on this board are more than willing to help, but I was just warning you that webserver configurations are very complicated and vary widely between OS and system installs.  In either cased please report anything you find that fixes the problem.  It will help us and others debug problems in the future.  One other thing to keep in mind....no one here is getting paid to provide this support so this always comes up....we will try to help where we can, but I just meant to warn you that we will not always be successful especially since many of us have never even had access to HP-UX.  As for a good resource for the php.ini file....www.php.net and then click documentation.  You can also try the many support forums out there that deal with php installation configuration issues.

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • http://tariquesani.net
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2003, 05:09:13 am »

I am watching this thread closely for monkeys
SANIsoft PHP applications for E Biz

jasendorf

• VIP
    • http://www.338tharmyband.com
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2003, 06:25:26 am »

(http://www.uselessgraphics.com/chimp3.gif)(http://www.uselessgraphics.com/monkey19.gif)(http://www.uselessgraphics.com/monkey9.gif)

Like I could help myself....

Oh and bhineline, really, zarsky's a really nice guy... he really wasn't trying to be rude (if anyone was going to be rude around here it would be me!).  It's just that it can be very, very difficult to trouble shoot an entire server and we're all just volunteers here trying our best...
Read the Online DOCs,FAQ, and SEARCH the board BEFORE posting questions for help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.