Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't upload video/Album Priority  (Read 6072 times)

clm51193

• Coppermine newbie
Can't upload video/Album Priority
« on: August 17, 2009, 09:39:48 pm »

I installed coppermine on my server and it runs fine and installation was amazingly simple, I made an account and started testing what I could upload. A .txt file went up fine (not that I really plan to upload those in the future) and a .png went up without a problem. I read somewhere that coppermine supports video so I tried a .flv file. It didn't work and it said that the file type was denied so I made sure it was allowed in the config page and its set for all video formats to be uploaded. Knowing that .flv sometimes isn't recognized as a video I tried a .mp4 but the same thing happened. I'm sure I'm missing something but I can't figure out what. If someone could give me some help I would really appreciate it. A second thing I was wondering, is there a way to give my album priority and make it always the first one or make a modulus that would show up above all the albums that would link to my album. I know html and css so I can write the code to make it show how I want I just don't know where to start on this idea.

The gallery is located at www.clm51193.com/coppermine

User: test
Password: test1

P.S I uploaded a file to the test users album I don't care about it if you see a need to delete it, I just put it there to make the album a bit more visible.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Can't upload video/Album Priority
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 08:59:52 am »

Upgrade (you're running cpg1.4.19, while the most recent stable release currently is cpg1.4.25), then do exactly as suggested in the docs, section "asking for support on upload issues": you have failed to set the number of file upload fields to 1 and the number of uri upload fields to 0.

clm51193

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 11:21:11 pm »

Ok I'm sure I'm about to feel very stupid once you respond but I can't seem to find the guides section. Can you give me a link to the article you mentioned?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

clm51193

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 06:42:03 am »

Ok the new version of CPG solved my problem with giving my albums priority I have set the upload fields to 1 and uri fields to 0 the test username is "test" and the test password is "test1". I tried .mp4 uploads and still got nothing. I set the upload limit to some ridiculous number just to make sure it wasn't that but still nothing. I also turned debug  mode on for everyone so hopefully you guys will be able to find out whats wrong. I really appreciate the time your putting into this.

Colin

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 07:50:40 am »

I get
No file was uploaded !

If you have really selected a file to upload, check that the server allows file uploads...
when I try to upload a known-good jpeg file.
Read up http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#no_file_uploaded and try the solutions mentioned there. Make sure you test with known-good images before you try uploading videos.

clm51193

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 08:56:01 am »

I've found the problem after looking through the php.ini file and my site. The directory that is supposed to exist for upload_tmp_dir has been deleted, I'm pretty sure I did this a few days ago when I just dumped directories in anger lol that'll show me. I'll talk to my host tomorrow and get them to fix the directory conflict and hopefully that will fix it. I'm surprised that some things even worked because the directory is completely erased. Thanks a lot for the help and making me find this out, we'll see what happens once its fixed. Am I going to have to edit the gallery or will it automatically recognize the change in the upload_tmp_dir directory?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 09:32:19 am »

The temp folder is a PHP thing, so PHP is not fully working as expected if you want to put it that way. Coppermine doesn't "know" that there is a malufunction. Subsequently, if you have fixed your PHP issues, the uploads in Coppermine should again work as expected. Test first with known-good small jpeg files. If that works, try the videos. Coppermine will out of the box not process mp4 nor flv, so you'll have to configure Coppermine accordingly to process those files, and of course you will need to provide a player for your users. Anway, as we have a strict "one issue per thread" policy, let's discuss your upload issue in this thread (the general http upload being broken due to PHP issues). If http uploads work as expected and you can't figure out how to upload flv or mp4, start a new thread.

clm51193

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 01:26:41 am »

Ok my host reconfigured the php.ini temp directory but still the uploads aren't working correctly. Do you want me to post my php info so you can see if there is something I'm doing wrong?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009, 09:36:56 am »

The error message is still the same:
No file was uploaded !

If you have really selected a file to upload, check that the server allows file uploads...

File: /hermes/bosweb/web112/b1127/glo.clm51193/clm51193/coppermine/db_input.php - Line: 311
, so the answer remains the same
Read up http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#no_file_uploaded and try the solutions mentioned there.
Obviously, your webhost hasn't done everything that is needed. Probably forgot to set permissions and ownership of the temporary folder. Nothing we possibly could help you with: this is a PHP issue that just shines through, not a Coppermine issue.

Do you want me to post my php info so you can see if there is something I'm doing wrong?
No, ask your webhost for server setup help, not us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.