Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My gallery is empty!  (Read 6744 times)

mariamsr

• Coppermine novice
My gallery is empty!
« on: August 12, 2009, 03:57:39 pm »

Hey there,
so my problem is that I tranfered my gallery from another domain and webhost, I backed up all data from the other host and imported it to this new one. I already uploaded my gallery through ftp to my new domain. But now that I installed it, it doesn't appear nothing, it is empty!

Please help me as quick as possible!

the link to my gallery is http://7cr9gallery.co.cc/Gallery/index.php

Thanks in advance,
Mary

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: My gallery is empty!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 04:02:32 pm »

You're not suppossed to perform a fresh install, but you need to restore the database dump from the old server on the new server, as suggested in the FAQ and countless threads similar to yours.

mariamsr

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 04:23:48 pm »

This is waht says in the FAQ isn't it?   

* Backup your files: FTP-download your complete coppermine-folder to your hard drive  (done it)
    * use a tool like phpMyAdmin to get a dump (backup) of your mySQL database entries. More info here  (done it)
    * verify your backup is working: check if the mySQL-dump contains all data (open the zipped dump file and use a text editor to view it) (done it)
    * on the new server: FTP-upload your coppermine-folder to the new server (done it)
    * CHMOD the folder /albums to 755 or 777 (depending on your server config]   --> am I supposed to CHMOD the folder /albums himself to 777 or all the images and pastes i have inside of it?
    * restore the mySQL table by running the queries of the dump files you created in step 2 (doing it again)
    * test-drive your coppermine gallery - you should be done

Thanks for your time,
Mary

mariamsr

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 04:26:33 pm »

and now when I try to acces the gallery it gives anew error: http://7cr9gallery.co.cc/Gallery/index.php

Fatal error:
While executing query "SELECT * FROM cpg14x_config" on 0

mySQL error: Table 'wh4al_3919326_7cr9gallery.cpg14x_config' doesn't exist

[Edit GauGau] Removed the needless self-quote from above. Learn to quote properly! [/Edit]
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 05:46:50 pm by Joachim Müller »

mariamsr

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 05:28:25 pm »

OK I already done it I restored the data I had on the old server to the new one.. and now am I supposed to install it? normally?
I'm trying to install it again, but it gives the following error:
mySQL Error: Table 'cpg1419albums' already exists on query ' CREATE TABLE cpg1419albums ( aid int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, title varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', description text NOT NULL, visibility int(11) NOT NULL default '0', uploads enum('YES','NO') NOT NULL default 'NO', comments enum('YES','NO') NOT NULL default 'YES', votes enum('YES','NO') NOT NULL default 'YES', pos int(11) NOT NULL default '0', category int(11) NOT NULL default '0', thumb int(11) NOT NULL default '0', keyword VARCHAR( 50 ), alb_password VARCHAR( 32 ), alb_password_hint TEXT, PRIMARY KEY (aid), KEY alb_category (category) ) TYPE=MyISAM COMMENT='Used to store albums''

This is waht says in the FAQ isn't it?   

* Backup your files: FTP-download your complete coppermine-folder to your hard drive  (done it)
    * use a tool like phpMyAdmin to get a dump (backup) of your mySQL database entries. More info here  (done it)
    * verify your backup is working: check if the mySQL-dump contains all data (open the zipped dump file and use a text editor to view it) (done it)
    * on the new server: FTP-upload your coppermine-folder to the new server (done it)
    * CHMOD the folder /albums to 755 or 777 (depending on your server config]   --> am I supposed to CHMOD the folder /albums himself to 777 or all the images and pastes i have inside of it?
    * restore the mySQL table by running the queries of the dump files you created in step 2 (doing it again)
    * test-drive your coppermine gallery - you should be done

Thanks for your time,
Mary

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 05:46:33 pm »

No. You don't run the installer if you are just moving your gallery.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 05:52:08 pm »

Stop speed-posting, stop quoting yourself needlessly ::). I edited your posting accordingly.

Well, what can I say: if you get the error message
Fatal error:
While executing query "SELECT * FROM cpg14x_config" on 0

mySQL error: Table 'wh4al_3919326_7cr9gallery.cpg14x_config"' doesn't exist
, then you can not have performed the restore of the table named cpg14x_config. The error message wouldn't be complaining about a missing table if the table was there.

Apparently, you're getting into issues because of your "strange" usage of the table prefix: cpg14x_config and cpg1419config are entirely different animals. Take a breath, then use a plain text editor to look into your dump: find out what table prefix you used. Then edit on your new server the file include/config.inc.php with a plain text editor and reflect your table prefix.

heavensportal

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 04:21:22 am »

@mariamsr

when that happened to me I did this:

go to the database you created --- check off all the tables within it (if it is just the soppermine database only) and if you installed it within another database then just check off the tables for cpg tables then go to the drop down menu and choose drop.

This will totally remove the tables, then you can apply the sql from the other one and it should work.

It is just telling you that the tables it tried to create were already there and it could not add the information.

hope this helps

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 12:43:44 pm »

Just to clarify: "drop" means "delete". Without further warning. If you delete the wrong tables, they're gone for good. So you better know and understand what you're doing.

heavensportal

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2009, 04:34:39 am »

yes he is right...triple check that the only tables you have checked off are your cpg ones otherwise you will need to install everything again or do the recent backup of the entire database replacement.

BE VERY CAREFUL! I can't tell you how unhappy it will make you feel or mad at ourself if you mess up...I have done that my self.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2009, 09:58:02 pm »

Please, backup your database before any fiddling is done.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.