Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pictures not being inserted into album correctly  (Read 3659 times)

terrym

• Coppermine newbie
Pictures not being inserted into album correctly
« on: August 11, 2009, 01:03:06 pm »

Hi
I have recently installed Coppermine 1.4.25 onto my website and everything works as it should except when I try inserting pictures into albums using "Batch add files". I'll explain exactly what I did prior to this problem just in case I have done something wrong?

First of all, under the "coppermine | albums" folder I created a category folder and a category called "cat_name".

Then under the "cat_name" folder, I created a series of album folders and albums like "album_01", "album_02" and so on.

So I now have a category with matching names and a series of albums with matching names, just like it mentions in the documentation.

Then I uploaded a series of jpg files which I placed into the relevant album folders. This is what these folders look like...

/coppermine_folder
   /cat_name
      /album_01
         /01-001.jpg
         /01-002.jpg

/album_02
         /02-001.jpg
         /02-002.jpg

When I then go to my website, login as admin etc, and click on "Batch add files", I get the usual "please select a directory" box and within that I can see greyed out "/coppermine_folder/albums, and underneath that a link to "cat_name", which I click on.

I then get a list of links to "album_01" and "album_02" and so on. Exactly as one would expect?

So I click on "album_01" which I know has four files in it. These files are then correctly listed. So I click on OK.

I then get a display showing Put files of "coppermine_folder/album_01" into "album_01" (which I selected).

On the left of this display are the four filenames with a tick in each of their boxes. So far OK!

The problem is what is displayed on the right. Initially, and this appears to be random, there are only thumbnails for pic1 and pic3. Pic 2 and pic4 have the standard windows thingy when it can't find the file, an indented white box with a smaller red X in it.

Even if I wait a while this doesn't change. If I choose a folder with 20 or 30 pictures in it, the same thing happens. A random number of (correct) pictures and the rest red X's.

If I refresh IE, then the randomness just changes. Like thumbnails for 1 and 2, and red X's for 3 and 4. And in this particular folder, all the pictures are exactly the same size, dimensions and case.

And if I continue and click on "Insert the selected files" button, then only the files with thumbnails are actually inserted.

Does anyone know why this might be happening, and more to the point, does anyone have a solution?

Thanks in advance
   Terry

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

terrym

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Pictures not being inserted into album correctly
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 03:04:46 pm »

Hi Joachim

I had a look at your recommended section in the documentation, but everything there seemed to be with uploading problems. I haven't actually received any error messages anyway.

All the files I uploaded are .jpg files. They are all resized to be no more than 640 x 480 pixels. Although probably not relevant, but permissions on all the album folders is 0777, while the pictures themselves are 0644. All the files, 391 in total, all uploaded with no problems.

If you still think your link is the answer, could you please tell me exactly which section I should be reading.

Thanks again
   Terry

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Pictures not being inserted into album correctly
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 03:12:40 pm »

If you still think your link is the answer, could you please tell me exactly which section I should be reading.
Asking for support on upload issues
When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site and a test user account (the test user mustn't be in the admin group!) with upload privileges, with the above mentioned settings in place - this way, supporters can see the error messages as well. Do not post debug_output unless requested. If you want fast results, you should disable admin approval for the group the test user is in, so supporters can tell instantly what is wrong without needing to double-check.

When people have issues with uploading and decide to post their question on the Coppermine support board, they usually are told to read this upload troubleshooting section. Many of them fail to do so properly, which results in frustration both for users as well as supporters. To make this absolutely clear: the above mentioned steps are absolutely mandatory, no matter what skill level you have, no matter what upload method you have troubles with. Failing to do exactly as suggested will result in your request for help being ignored. Yes, this applies to you. We mean it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.