Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request: Album isolation  (Read 3015 times)

RS232

• Coppermine novice
Feature request: Album isolation
« on: August 10, 2009, 12:36:34 am »

Hi all, I have a rather large installation of coppermine with about 40 albums which are currently public.
I was wondering, without changing the permissions of all the albums (as I would have to give username/password to lierally everybody), is there any easy way to create an album without any link to the others?
e.g. If I give the first page of the album I just publish to 50 people, this people can browse all the pics in the album but there there is no direct link to any other album or list of albums.
Current users have the URL of individual albums but I don't want these user to freely browse the album list.
Of course this is not extremely secure,  but it would be something smart to have in coppermine in my opinion.
The only solution I thought about is to install a secondary coppermine at a different URL on my webserver, but I'm not sure this is a suggested as I would need to do this for every album in case I want to have many publicly visible albums without connection between each other.
May be it's possible to have an album with "public ïsolated" permissions where no link is available outside the current album...

I case somebody is into networking this is a similar concept of private VLANs ;-)

I hope I've managed to explain myself  :P
Thanks for reading!
rs232  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.