Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Hide categories independantly for unregistered users  (Read 15501 times)

willmeister31

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Hide categories independantly for unregistered users
« on: August 07, 2009, 10:43:21 pm »

Hello,
I just installed the catlist plugin and my category was indeed hidden, but when I refreshed my page or selected album, I get this error message:
Fatal error: smart_catlist_cleanup(): Failed opening required 'plugins/smart_catlist/lang/english.php' (include_path='.:') in /home/httpd/vhosts/willcheung.com/httpdocs/coppermine/plugins/sample/codebase.php on line 151

I believe I accidentally replaced and corrupted the original plugin files. Can anyone show me how to repair or resolve this issue? I also get this message, as soon as I log back in to Coppermine.

Thanks! :)

Nibbler

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 11:02:10 pm »

Remove and reinstall the smart_catlist plugin and remove the sample plugin.

willmeister31

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 11:07:00 pm »

Hi,
When you state to remove the plugin, I am assuming you mean uninstall, using the plugin manager. I tried clicking on that little x and it brings me straight back to this error message:  Fatal error: smart_catlist_cleanup(): Failed opening required 'plugins/smart_catlist/lang/english.php' (include_path='.:') in /home/httpd/vhosts/willcheung.com/httpdocs/coppermine/plugins/sample/codebase.php on line 151

What do I do now?

Thanks!

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 11:08:59 pm »

Delete them manually either via FTP or phpMyAdmin.

willmeister31

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 11:14:41 pm »

Wow, Thank you! That got rid of the error message, thank goodness!
I just reloaded all of the files from the .zip "smart_catlist" directly into the 'plugin' folder, while erasing the 'sample' folder. I went to the plugin manager and it states "plugins not installed". How do I get the smart_catlist to work now?
Sorry for all of the questions, still new to this.
Many thanks!

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 11:39:32 pm »

You keep them in the smart_catlist folder. Might be easier to use the upload mechanism built into the plugin manager which will handle the upload for you.

willmeister31

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 11:42:39 pm »

Hi,
Okay, I just reinstalled using the proper method as you have advised. Once again, it brought me back to the same error message:
Fatal error: smart_catlist(): Failed opening required 'plugins/smart_catlist/include/custom.php' (include_path='.:') in /home/httpd/vhosts/willcheung.com/httpdocs/coppermine/plugins/smart_catlist/codebase.php on line 46

What can I do to get around this? Do you suppose the files are corrupt?

Thank you!

Nibbler

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 12:06:31 am »

Looks like the plugin manager didn't extract the subfolders from the zip file. You'll need to extract the plugin on your PC then upload the complete folder plus contents into the plugins folder.

willmeister31

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 12:08:57 am »

That's exactly what I did. When I got to the plugin manager, it recognized the plugin, so I went ahead and clicked on the 'i' icon and installed it. After install is what brought me to that error message.

Sorry, if my previous message was misleading.

Thanks!

Nibbler

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2009, 12:11:45 am »

If you did that then this folder here (http://willcheung.com/coppermine/plugins/smart_catlist/include) should exist. It doesn't exist so you must have done something different.

willmeister31

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2009, 12:26:15 am »

What I did was extract the "smart_catlist.zip" into the folder named "smart_catlist". I then uploaded that folder of files onto Coppermine/Plugins using the FTP client called SmartFTP. I then went to config, general settings, manage plugins, and when I got to manager page, I clicked on "i" to install. After it was installed, when I went back to my home page, it gave me that error.
So you're saying it supposed to have that extra folder named "include" at the end? Is that something I can just manually create?
I'm a little lost here...lol

Nibbler

Re: Re: Hide categories independantly for unregistered users
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2009, 02:03:54 pm »

You need to make sure you include subfolders when you extract the zip and when you upload it.

willmeister31

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2009, 03:50:22 pm »

Hi,
I'm sorry to be posting this again, but I can find any of my earlier post on here.

I'm having trouble after installing the smart_catlist. I keep getting this error message:
Fatal error: smart_catlist(): Failed opening required 'plugins/smart_catlist/include/custom.php' (include_path='.:') in /home/httpd/vhosts/willcheung.com/httpdocs/coppermine/plugins/smart_catlist/codebase.php on line 46

I was unable to properly uninstall it from the plugin manager, so I manually deleted, using my FTP. I reinstalled by unzipping the smart_catlist.zip to a folder smart_catlist and then uploaded it back to the coppermine/plugin folder and installed it under plugin manager, by clicking on the "i" icon.
After installing it, it brought me back to the same error message.

Can someone please advise as to how I can fix this?

Thank you!

Nibbler

Re: Re: Hide categories independantly for unregistered users
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2009, 03:53:10 pm »

You need to preserve the subfolders.

willmeister31

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2009, 04:02:22 pm »

I'm sorry to be a pain, but you can you direct as to how to do so? How do I preserve the subfolder?
Are you referring to the sub directory within FTP or the zip file? The zip didn't have any sub folders, it was just the files within the smart_catlist zip.

Thanks!

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2009, 04:27:11 pm »

@ willmeister31 you need to upgrade your Coppermine!

<!--Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.16 (stable)--> Is too old for continued support

Then before returning get yourself a program for unzipping files if you are indeed seeing no folders after unzipping this plugin.

Take some time to practice installing/uninstalling another plugin, take your time, don't do too much at once and of course use the manual for reference.

But first you must upgrade

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2009, 10:06:07 am »

How do I preserve the subfolder?
We can not explain to you what you need to do to make your unarchiver client on your local PC preserve the folder structure within archives when unzipping - that's beyond the scope of support on this forum. Read up the documentation of your unarchiving client or your operating system if you have an operating system with built-in zip support. Usually, in unarchiving applications like Winzip or 7-Zip there's a config option that allows you to specifiy wether sub-folders within the folder structure should be preserved or not (default usually is to preserve sub-folders, so you must deliberately have fiddled with those options). Don't expect to be spoon-fed.

I'm sorry to be a pain
Don't try to hijack other's threads (this thread was split from Hide categories independantly for unregistered users and moved to the corresponding board). So yes, stop being a pain.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 10:11:49 am by Joachim Müller »

willmeister31

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2009, 11:13:03 pm »

Dear Joachim Müller,
I totally understand and my apology. I don't expect to be spoonfed and/or have everything done for me. I'm willing to test out and learn everything by trial and error. Everything is just part of my learning process here. Thanks for your advice.

Here's one last question pertaining to this thread. I updated my coppermine like someone has advised me to earlier. I've properly extracted the smart_catlist, using "winrar", while preserving the folder and sub folders and uploaded to the plugin location. No error messags anymore, but for some reason I don't have the feature to hide "categories" when I'm under the categories tab. I recall seeing something about "a new field in the category editor", but I don't see it mine.

Again, sorry and thanks for your help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.