Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to create thumbnail or reduced size image  (Read 6073 times)

fakethelove

• Coppermine newbie
Unable to create thumbnail or reduced size image
« on: August 07, 2009, 07:19:30 pm »

I read a bunch of threads with this error and cannot figure out the problem. (most likely because I have limited knowledge on this kind of stuff)

My albums directory and all the folders in it are set to 777.
My host has GD and it's set correctly in config.
The max dimension of a thumbnail is set to 100 (max aspect).

forum: http://drop-a-heart.com/gallery
test username: test
test password: test

I tried a test image through batch add and the thumbnail is actually being created and inserted into the folder. It's just not going into the album on my board.

I recently upgraded the gallery so I may have messed something up during the upgrade.

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
Re: Unable to create thumbnail or reduced size image
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 08:24:22 pm »

You have missed something else - the test account does not appear to have upload privileges.

Follow all of the steps outlined before returning and someone might be able to help.

4.11.4 Upload troubleshooting

4.11.5 Asking for support on upload issues

fakethelove

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 08:32:25 pm »

It does. I just don't have the link in the navigation. http://drop-a-heart.com/gallery/upload.php

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 01:52:32 pm »

Confirming the error message - I got it as well when attempting to upload. Remedy: search the board for that error message.

fakethelove

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 05:27:00 pm »

I had already read through pages of threads yesterday.

But it turns out when I changed "Max width or height of an intermediate picture/video" from something other than 1, it just didn't change. My internet has been going off and on lately.

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 06:18:29 pm »

Others might be able to comment with more precision, but that might be an effect of your gallery being hacked.

You might want to check this thread.

Yikes, I've been hacked! Now what?

fakethelove

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 06:32:11 pm »

Others might be able to comment with more precision, but that might be an effect of your gallery being hacked.

You might want to check this thread.

Yikes, I've been hacked! Now what?

Something happened with my host like 2 years ago and I haven't really used the gallery since then. My host had fixed whatever security hole there was.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2009, 08:53:34 am »

But it turns out when I changed "Max width or height of an intermediate picture/video" from something other than 1, it just didn't change.
Yes, I can confirm what Joe said: this is an indication that your site was hacked.
[/quote]
Something happened with my host like 2 years ago and I haven't really used the gallery since then. My host had fixed whatever security hole there was.
Fixing a security hole will not cure an infected site. If you have been hacked, do as suggested in the Yikes thread.

My internet has been going off and on lately.
Not sure if you've got an internet of your own ::). The connection of your client to the internet doesn't matter in this aspect at all.

fakethelove

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 05:19:23 pm »

Fixing a security hole will not cure an infected site. If you have been hacked, do as suggested in the Yikes thread.
I understand that. I had fixed up the rest of my site but haven't touched the gallery in about 2 years. Basically forgot it was there.

Not sure if you've got an internet of your own ::). The connection of your client to the internet doesn't matter in this aspect at all.
The fact that I've been losing my internet connection in the middle of doing things does matter in this aspect though. What's been happening lately is I'll have pages open in my browser, not realize my internet has gone off, click "submit" or whatever and then not have things go through. When this happens a few times a day, you forget which things may not have gone through.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.