Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Version coparison  (Read 5948 times)

MGP

• Coppermine newbie
Version coparison
« on: August 07, 2009, 04:48:02 am »

Just upgraded from 1.4.19 to 1.4.25. When I run version comparison, anycontent.php is still old version. I have custom content in there so as I understand it, I need to NOT overwrite it (per other threads on the issue and the upgrading instructions). Do I have that right?
Now the other item is that the config.php file is still showing old version. Do I leave that as old version too or did I miss something in the upgrade?
Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated!

François Keller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka Frantz
    • Ma galerie
Re: Version coparison
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 07:13:18 am »

All is ok, yu can safely keep those "old" files.
As you have a custom content in your anycontent.php it's normal that the version number differs from the cpg version number. Same with the config.inc.php. This file is created during the install process and contain the mysql connection data's.
Avez vous lu la DOC ? la FAQ ? et cherché sur le forum avant de poster ?
Did you read the DOC ? the FAQ ? and search the board before posting ?
Mon Blog

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 07:39:11 am »

So be carefull what you're talking about: there's one file in the coppermine root folder that is named config.php and there is one file inside the sub-folder "include" that is named config.inc.php
Those two files are entirely different animals. Treat them in the way we describe in the docs - we took care not to mix up the file names when writing the docs. You should not confuse them neither.

MGP

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 11:36:03 am »

Thank you! Just want to let you know how much I appreciate the forum and your time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.