Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: change source code is this possible ?  (Read 4516 times)

xuanker

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: change source code is this possible ?
« on: August 05, 2009, 06:15:00 am »

hi everybody i am new in a coopermine photo gallery and  my question is possible modify the upload.php archive change input text to option value text in the last four fields of the photo form

which archive can be changed the code ? and in which part?

my gallery is

http://cumbres.webcindario.com/galeria/index.php

attached capture

Grettings and Thanks
good luck
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 07:17:22 am by Joachim Müller »

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
Re: change source code is this possible ?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 07:31:02 am »

This user is not Indian but from Chile. This Gallery has been just installed and it's not the real aim of him get help for this Gallery but for this one: http://osoentrete.100webspace.net/index.php

But, he edited the style of the theme to makes Copyright link white despite of the white backgruond. Then he also edited the Copyright link from Avalanche theme and was pointed to his hosting company. BTW, the instalation was made by an autoinstaller.

So, if you help this guy, you're actually helping him for the other gallery, an 'ilegal' copy of Coppermine.

"xuanker" is from Indian (according to his info). Despite that he has an ".es" email (Spain), and his IP cames from Chile, same as other guy (him!). The format of the topic is just the same, the words are just the same, the subject is the same, and the capture is the same.

Instead of put the links back, he create annother user and ask for help with a fresh new gallery.

Reference: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,61020.0.html (despite is in Spanish, take a look at the format of the post and capture please, and if you know Spanish, says the same!)

Fabri,
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en español
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 07:45:42 am »

That's a pity, as I had already typed the answer (including find/replace instructions) - when I tried to submit it I was warned by the forum that you had posted, so I ready your reply first and decided not to post my solution, as I'm not fond of users playing games.
You're right in your observation, the user xuanker seems to be identical to alex_noches, who posted an identical request [Inválido:] Modificar Codigo Fuente?? on the Spanish sub-board. It seems that the guy tried his best to undo the damage done (the "Powered by Coppermine" tag is back and in place on the gallery he originally posted about), but he did it all wrong again: he could have said "sorry" using his orginal account and would have gotten help instead of hiding behind another identity. Signing up with several accounts and committing this sort of "identity fraud" is not allowed as the supporters here are not fond of being lied at. I'm banning the second account, trying to force him back to using the original account. The question is unique, so there's little sense in signing up with yet another account and trying to post that question again. Let's see what "Alex Noches" has got to say as a reply to this thread.

Joachim

P.S. @Fabricio: good work!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 07:16:06 am »

Apparently the bloke has given up. As I had saved my answer, I'll post in anyway for others with similar issues. This posting explains how to replace the input fields on the upload page with textareas that allow larger texts to be entered.
From the back of my head (haven't actually tried), edit upload.php, find
Code: [Select]
        if(!empty($CONFIG['user_field1_name'])) {
            $form_array[] = array($CONFIG['user_field1_name'], 'user1', 0, 255, 1);
        }

if(!empty($CONFIG['user_field2_name'])) {
            $form_array[] = array($CONFIG['user_field2_name'], 'user2', 0, 255, 1);
        }

if(!empty($CONFIG['user_field3_name'])) {
            $form_array[] = array($CONFIG['user_field3_name'], 'user3', 0, 255, 1);
        }

if(!empty($CONFIG['user_field4_name'])) {
            $form_array[] = array($CONFIG['user_field4_name'], 'user4', 0, 255, 1);
        }
and replace with
Code: [Select]
        if(!empty($CONFIG['user_field1_name'])) {
            $form_array[] = array($CONFIG['user_field1_name'], 'user1', 3, 255, 1);
        }

if(!empty($CONFIG['user_field2_name'])) {
            $form_array[] = array($CONFIG['user_field2_name'], 'user2', 3, 255, 1);
        }

if(!empty($CONFIG['user_field3_name'])) {
            $form_array[] = array($CONFIG['user_field3_name'], 'user3', 3, 255, 1);
        }

if(!empty($CONFIG['user_field4_name'])) {
            $form_array[] = array($CONFIG['user_field4_name'], 'user4', 3, 255, 1);
        }
to turn the text input fields (<input type="text" ...>) into fields that allow multiple lines (<textarea>)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.