Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Okay growing purposes - help?  (Read 3971 times)

racelance

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://webmods.com
Okay growing purposes - help?
« on: October 16, 2003, 04:42:35 pm »

Okay, I'm starting one of these galleries off fresh & hope for the best (of course). I'm allowing people to post pictures on all the albums.

I'm trying to figure out what the best method will be in order to allow people to post pictures & etc. - but I'd like to make sure my gallery will be simple to scale (when it grows). So, I figured I'd ask the experts (here).

Here's what I did:

Created the catagories (main one being surfing)

Second I created basic regions of the country.

Third I created basic regions within the regions above.

(this is where I'm having trouble).

If down the road say NorthEast gets large, I'd like to break it down to specific spots within the NE. What is my best angle to make this thing easily scalable for the future?

I believe I should be making the smaller breakdown into just New Albums - but I'm not positive.

I appreciate your input!

Lance
Lance Miller

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Okay growing purposes - help?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2003, 08:35:39 am »

I'd only go for category and sub-category, nothing else, as it'll confuse users.
Set coppermine up for the number of pics you have now and move some pics/slbums/categories if your gallery grows.

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 18 queries.