Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with batch upload after reaching 1,000 photos  (Read 3383 times)

tringate

• Coppermine newbie
Problem with batch upload after reaching 1,000 photos
« on: August 02, 2009, 09:31:54 pm »

This is a problem I discovered while trying to implement a picture gallery.  Coppermine is working as I expected it to work, and I was able to batch upload the first 1,000 photos just fine.  They are in several directories, and all show up just fine in their categories.

Then I hit some max value or something because I can not add any more photos to my categories.

I can easily FTP the photo's into the correct folders but when I try to add them it fails.

What happens is the following:

click on "batch add files"
select the correct sub-folder with the new photos (and older photos which are already added)
click on "ok"
Displays the files in the folder, with check marks in those which are new, also displays all of the thumbs.
I select the the correct albumn from the drop down list to place these photos
then click on the "insert selected files" button

This immediatly takes me back to the "please select a directory" page rather thaqn the page where it puts the files into the almumn and gives you the green "OK" icons by each file.

This can be solved by deleting previous albumn reducing the total number of photos in the gallery to zero, and then you can add these new photos up to about 1,000 photos and the problem comes back.

It's as if there is some limit to how many photos the gallery can have.

I have no idea what resourse is being used up, because I have other MySQL databases which are much larger running on this server with no problems, and my file space still have about 30GB of space unused.

I have looked for some parameter I have set too small, but have no idea what it might be.

I followed the instructions to turn on Debug, but I do not see anything in that listing to lead me to what might be wrong.

It should be noted that I had no problems at all batch loading the first 1,000 photo's everything worked just fine.

The problem acts like I have reached some max value of some parameter.

I can not even select a single picture of those to be added and have it added.

Any suggestions on what to look at would be greatly appreciated.

Coppermine was put on my site using "Fantactico" from my ISP's control panel screen.

I have not tried to use a browser to upload a picture because I will never use that function for this gallery.  I will only be adding  photos using the FTP batch process as it has thousands of photos to be added.

The very last album I built I first uploaded 900 photos into the folder and this problem occured.
I then deleted all of the photos from the album using FTP, and uploaded just 50 p[hotos and was able to add those.
I then tried anbother 50 and it failed.
I cut it back to just 10 and again was able to add those.
I was able to get up to a total of 96 photos added in this way until I finally reached the wall where I could not add even a single photo.
Now all of my albums are at this limit and no further photos can be added at all anywhere.

My home page says I have 1,064 files in 56 albums and 6 categories, and I can go no farther.

Nibbler

Re: Problem with batch upload after reaching 1,000 photos
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 09:33:39 pm »

Search the board for Suhosin.

tringate

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Problem with batch upload after reaching 1,000 photos
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 03:08:10 am »

Thanks Nibbler, that was my problem exactly.  I had to solve it by using smaller folders for the pictures of no more than 50 pic per folder.  I'm trying to see if my ISP will change the values I need changed to increase that number but do not expect to get any help there.

I really appreciate you taking the time to point me to a solution.  My coppermine is now fully operational.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.