Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Error dbi_connect(): db_type not defined.  (Read 4953 times)

Corrupted

• Coppermine novice
[Solved]: Error dbi_connect(): db_type not defined.
« on: August 01, 2009, 09:51:27 pm »

Ok so I just woke up and received an email from someone that I host a site for. They said when they goto the Calendar tab they get the error on the page dbi_connect(): db_type not defined. I am not sure what happened as no settings, permissions or anything got changed. I contacted my tech support from the hosting any they were unsure as well on what to do or what it might be. Here is the link to the calendar http://www.sgp-touring-riding.com/calendar/index.php  Would appreciate any help and thx's for any as well.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 07:27:11 pm by Joachim Müller »

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Error dbi_connect(): db_type not defined.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 10:45:34 pm »

Why are you asking for information about a non Coppermine driven page/app on the Coppermine forums?

Looking at your site you do have a coppermine install in a different directory but that too is not working.

Coppermine critical error:
Unable to connect to database !

MySQL said: Access denied for user 'bitchp1g'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Something is wrong with your database and that is something your host needs to provide support for as you have at least 2 different apps unable to connect to the database. so it must be a host problem.

You are also running a very out of date version of Coppermine (Coppermine version: 1.4.18 while the current version is 1.4.25) . As soon as you get your MySql Database problem fixed update your Coppermine install as a matter of urgency.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Corrupted

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 11:08:43 pm »

LoL man I feel stupid I had a problem with one and was thinkin something else and posted in the wrong site. Man must be getting old. Anyways just sent the host another reply back asking what is going on as this has happened before when nothing on my end was ever touched or changed.

My other question since you brought it up I wanted to upgrade the gallery the last time this happened after I got it fixed. Is is possible to upgrade to the latest from my current version and if so can you point me in the correct direction on how to do this? Thx's

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 12:23:57 am »

Hi,

Yes, you can upgrade. All the info is in the docs

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#14
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Corrupted

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 06:32:56 am »

woohoo looks like I got everything updated just fine with no errors :)  Thx's again for all the help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.