Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: black screen after upload  (Read 6109 times)

Stevo

• Coppermine regular visitor
black screen after upload
« on: August 01, 2009, 05:58:47 pm »

Good afternoon,

I have a black screen after uploading 12 pictures.
I don't know what i did wrong but can't see the gallery, can't login (not with FF or IE)

gallery: http://www.stevo.be
version: 1.4.24
modpack by stramm
plugins: light box / group pictures / stats / display fields / phpmyadmin /

Stevo

Re: blank screen after upload
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 06:34:00 am »

Sorry,

I have a blank screen

Stevo

Re: black screen after upload
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 03:19:19 pm »

This is what I found.

I have 15 albums. When I want 1 album only for me, I change the proporties.
When I log out I have a blank screen.

Somebody knows what's going wrong???

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 03:26:23 pm »

No idea. Try disabling the plugins, and check the server error log for any messages.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 08:24:40 pm »

Site works as expected for me

Stevo

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 09:28:03 pm »

Site works as expected for me
Correct Joachim,
But when I add another album and change proporties to 'only me' and then logout, I have a blank screen.
Don't know how I can see what error is giving because no url is working also.

Should it be solved to upgrade to 1.4.25?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 07:24:58 am »

But when I add another album and change proporties to 'only me' and then logout, I have a blank screen.
Don't know how I can see what error is giving because no url is working also.
Then post the needed data to replicate your issue. When will you learn to play by the rules? You need to RTFM before posting and the manual has got a section of it's own that explains what you need to do when asking for support on upload issues. You failed to do that. I have a very low tolerance level for someone with a post count of 50+ who had to be told about the rules several times already. >:(

Stevo

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 08:04:11 am »

What information do I have to give more???
I have no more information. I'm no computergenius like you.

The only I know is that I have a blank screen when I make 1 album private.
I read the manuel, I search the forum and I try to give all the information I know.

All searchresults I had for blank screen are people who don't post their URL and a reply by you or another moderator.

Stevo

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 08:15:47 am »

Yesterday I used this http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upload_error_messages but I have no errors.
After creating a new album and bring proporties to me only, I have a blank screen after logout. This is the only thing I know.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 09:19:30 am »

I'm no computergenius like you.
You don't have to be one to read what I typed and do as suggested:
the manual has got a section of it's own that explains what you need to do when asking for support on upload issues.
As a token of appreciation for your laziness to read the documentation and find that section I refered to above, let me quote it here for you:
Asking for support on upload issues

When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site and a test user account (the test user mustn't be in the admin group!) with upload privileges, with the above mentioned settings in place - this way, supporters can see the error messages as well. Do not post debug_output unless requested. If you want fast results, you should disable admin approval for the group the test user is in, so supporters can tell instantly what is wrong without needing to double-check.

When people have issues with uploading and decide to post their question on the Coppermine support board, they usually are told to read this upload troubleshooting section. Many of them fail to do so properly, which results in frustration both for users as well as supporters. To make this absolutely clear: the above mentioned steps are absolutely mandatory, no matter what skill level you have, no matter what upload method you have troubles with. Failing to do exactly as suggested will result in your request for help being ignored. Yes, this applies to you. We mean it!
That section is pretty short, so one could expect that even someone as lazy as you could read it. In the very first paragraph, you're told to post a non-admin test user account. Now where is that account? You don't have to be a computer genius to follow that simple little sentence, do you? I have read through your postings in this thread several times, yet I haven't found the test user account that you're suppossed to post. So guess what: my conclusion is that you're too lazy to read and do as suggested or that you are deliberately trying to play games. I'm not ready to tolerate any of those two options any longer. This is your last chance to avoid getting banned for good: either do exactly as suggested in the docs section that I had to refer to so often already or you'll get banned. Don't post lame excuses for not having done as suggested - just do what you're supposed to do.

Stevo

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 12:28:25 pm »

I'm sorry
I know you don't believe me, but I do my best to read manual and forum. I have sometimes problems to translate English into my language. You can find this a lame excuse, but I try to understand.
I readed only 4.11.4 Upload troubleshooting. I don't want a ban and I don't want any trouble with somebody on this forum. I love cpg and hope I can learn a lot.

What did I do now.
1) I went to config > maintenance settings > enable debug (everyone)
2) I created a new user (logindetails : testuser - testpass)
3) allowed registrated users for upload in public albums

So far I can follow. Now everybody can upload pictures to see the error. But I have no problem with uploading, only with creating a new album and change proporties to 'me only'.
When I started thread I thought it had something to do with my upload, but in this post I noticed it have something to do with permissions. And if I create now a new album and change proporties, the only thing you will see is a white screen. That is also the reason that I thought 4.11.5 Asking for support on upload issues was not related to my question.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2009, 03:07:05 pm »

allowed registrated users for upload in public albums

So far I can follow. Now everybody can upload pictures to see the error.
No, that is not the case:

The testuser account doesn't have upload permissions - when I go to http://www.stevo.be/upload.php after logging in with the test user account you posted I get
You don't have permission to perform this operation. 
I'm not ready to waste my time any longer. I'm out of this thread.

I'm sorry
Don't post excuses. Do as suggested instead if you want support.

Stevo

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2009, 03:27:11 pm »

I gone put this thread as solved.
I try to understand what I have to do but it's not so easy for non coppermine dev. as me.

Don't know what went wrong now, but I have again a blank screen.

What I did??
- I changed the approval in groups (was disabled again, so sorry Joachim, that's way you could upload anything)
- In 1 album I changed the proporties to 'group registered users' because you still can't upload

I gone download the latest version of cpg and start all over again. I will make albums in new database and copy my pictures table.
It's not a solution but I don't wanna make more trouble here.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2009, 04:08:04 pm »

Coppermine is not a desktop application where errors go away by uninstalling and re-installing. Instead of performing a fresh install, perform an upgrade.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.