Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: php help to rearrange image alignment/layout please  (Read 4651 times)

raindance

• Coppermine novice
php help to rearrange image alignment/layout please
« on: July 31, 2009, 10:05:03 pm »

Hi
I've made a new theme.  I want to have my coppermine main gallery page (http://www.raindancemedia.com/gallery/index.php?theme=KP) look like the mock up gallery page I did on the main site which is  here:
http://www.katieparquet.com/katieparquetgallery.html

So the specific questions I would appreciate help with are:
1. I can't seem to get the 5 gallery images centered in the main table. Does someone see an obvious place I'm missing a center alignment?
2. How to I comment out/remove the smaller images below the main gallery images, the smaller thumbnails?
3. How to center the Gallery 1, Gallery 2, Gallery 3 in yellow over each image, or better yet, how to use my own image for each of those links such as I have done on her mock up page?

Thank you so much in advance.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: php help to rearrange image alignment/layout please
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 12:16:26 am »

Firstly, the thumbs at the bottom are easy to remove by editing the config for lastup and random.

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#admin_album_list

Then looking at your theme you are going about things in a very odd way. Just hiding text/borders etc simply by setting their css to the background colour is either just lazy or shows that you are struggling to understand how this all works.

Before you go any further I suggest you read the following links.

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#creating

And the following from the 1.5 docs (not all applies but almost all the theme basics are the same)

http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/theme_create.htm#theme_create
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

raindance

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 02:27:54 am »

Thanks for the links, I appreciate it. I don't think the insult is necessary though. No, I'm not lazy, I'm trying to learn how to do this, I'm new to Coppermine, I'm just trying to find effective ways to customize.  I've never seen a forum with more harsh responses than this one. Sheesh.

jeepguy_1980

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
    • Loop Family Forum & Gallery
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 03:07:10 am »

He didn't say you were lazy. He said it means your lazy OR struggling to understand how it all works. It's probably the latter.

raindance

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 03:29:29 am »

Definitely the latter. i've spent days trying to get my brain around it. I'm neither a css nor php expert.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 09:57:11 am »

I think you missunderstood what I meant. My statement was not an insult. I've seen some top developers simply change the colours of things which is a lazy method of achieving a result. But you should have read the docs first where you would have found out how to remove the random and lastup blocks.

As for editing the theme, yes some php but on the whole it is mainly html/css

We can give you some pointers on this board (such as the docs) but we cannot teach you those skills. Take a look at the sample theme and the php file therin. Each section of the theme is clearly outlined and you can clearly see the layouts for each section. Only copy to your custom theme the sections that you need.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

raindance

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 12:42:58 pm »

Ok thanks.  I did read the part you directed me to actually but it wasn't clear to me then. Once you pointed it out to me to go there for that part then it was more clear. On the whole I find both the documentation and the forum to be very helpful.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 08:13:17 pm »

As suggested this forum is not the place to be taught HTML or CSS: we expect that you already have the needed skills if you want to customize your gallery's look. It's beyond the scope of this forum to teach you CSS.
Complaining about the friendliness of this support is rather rude imo: you are the person who is misbehaving by not following the rules. You ask a favor from us, not vice versa. It's wishfull thinking to ask for support on CSS and not your decision what we support and what not. It's a lame excuse that you don't know CSS and none of our business.
I have had enough of your attitude. Review it or you'll go unsupported.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 19 queries.