Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Displaying only the categories on the homepage  (Read 5287 times)

Maber

• Coppermine newbie
Displaying only the categories on the homepage
« on: November 08, 2009, 01:21:43 pm »

Hi there,

Long time since I've used coppermine, but recently I concluded that the other gallery I was using, didn't do the stuff I wanted it to do...

Back to Coppermine then and everything works out fine now... but for one thing!

I'd like to display only the categories on the homepage.  Since I've got one categorie with subcategories (that don't display any albums right away) and some other categories without subcategories (that do display albums), I'd like to alter that situation.  I just need to see the categories with subcategories (if present) and that's it.  An example of what I mean can be found at http://www.boet.be/

I remember I've done this before... but just can't find the trick anymore  :-[

Perhaps it has something to do with the theme I'm using currently? (hermes_gray btw)

The link to my cpg : https://cmaber.pointclark.net/gallery/. It resides on my LAN-server, so it might be out from time to time.

Anyhow, any help or directions will be appreciated!

Pascal YAP

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Hello World :-)
    • CPG 1.5.x ExperiMental website
Re: Displaying only the categories on the homepage
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 03:50:17 pm »

Just open Coppermine's DOC, and look for CONFIG Page =>
http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#admin_album_list

Maber

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 04:19:59 pm »

Just open Coppermine's DOC, and look for CONFIG Page =>
http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#admin_album_list

I'm guessing you're refering to this :

Show first level album thumbnails in categories

Use this setting to choose whether or not to display thumbnails from the first album of the categories listed on the default gallery entry page.

However, when I try to change that in the configuration, it just won't change...  :-[ ...

Now I'm looking at the _config table of the database... I suppose there is an item in there responsible for this particular configuration item? Perhaps I can change it manually?

Pascal YAP

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Hello World :-)
    • CPG 1.5.x ExperiMental website
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 05:27:57 pm »

in your page admin.php
Album List View (expl) => breadcrumb/catlist/alblist/random,2/lastup,2
Just delete ALBLIST

Maber

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 06:08:14 pm »

in your page admin.php
Album List View (expl) => breadcrumb/catlist/alblist/random,2/lastup,2
Just delete ALBLIST

I found a load of posts that tell me not to do that and in fact (I tried anyway) if you do that it'll prevent to show the albums if you descend into a category which is not what I want.

You are right, I should be able to make it work by changing "Show first level album thumbnails in categories" to No.  But, if I try to do so, it'll revert immediately to Yes for no obvious reason...

I'll keep trying... and will post any possible solution that might come up... If someone might recognize the problem, please let me know... Meanwhile, tnx for the help Pascal :)

Maber

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 06:37:15 pm »

It seems it's the theme causing the problem...  If I put the standard theme back all works like expected.  The hermes_gray theme will always show albums that are placed directly into a main category.  >:(

Maber

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 06:44:03 pm »

It seems it's the theme causing the problem...  If I put the standard theme back all works like expected.  The hermes_gray theme will always show albums that are placed directly into a main category.  >:(

So I went over to the theme.php of that particular theme and guess what I found...  ::)

Code: [Select]
// These parameters overide what the user inputs in the Configuration setup to prevent the theme from breaking.
$CONFIG['first_level'] = 1; //sets "Show first level album thumbnails in categories = no".

Which in fact is wrong!!!!  ::) It should read "Show first level album thumbnails in categories = yes"

No wonder it didn't work Pascal  ;)

A happy ending nonetheless  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.