Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: phpMyAdmin plugin for cpg1.5.x  (Read 44527 times)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
phpMyAdmin plugin for cpg1.5.x
« on: July 31, 2009, 04:27:15 pm »

This plugin is a direct copy of Nibbler's phpMyAdmin plugin for cpg1.4.x with only some minor adjustments made, so all credits go to Nibbler and the phpMyAdmin team. The version for cpg1.4.x can be used for cpg1.5.x as well, but not vice versa.

This plugin contains a copy of phpMyAdmin. This is a commonly used database administration tool recommended by the Coppermine Dev Team for the purposes of modifying your Coppermine tables manually or performing backups of the database.

If you install it you will get a link on your admin menu that will load phpmyadmin in an iframe. It uses the database information from Coppermine so there is no additional configuration required.

Notes:

• This is the older phpMyAdmin 2.11.9.5 since the newer versions have higher PHP and MySQL requirements than Coppermine does. This version is fully supported however.
  • It contains only the default theme, only the english language, and no documentation in order to keep the plugin small. Exporting to PDF has also been removed. You can add or replace any files manually via FTP after installation.

Finally, please don't clutter this thread with "How do I use phpMyAdmin" questions. This is not the place.

Thankyou.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 10:20:28 am by Αndré »

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: phpMyAdmin plugin for cpg1.5.x
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 08:26:21 pm »

After one of our servers at work got hacked using a vulnerability on phpmyadmin 2.11.9.5 I remembered that this plugin uses that version. As such I have updated phpmyadmin to 2.11.9.6. Not sure how to correct the svn revision and update the svn (plus I am in the office so do not have tortoise to figure it out) so I have attached the zip to this post.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

peterlustig

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 03:57:36 pm »

It seems that I have tomatoes on my eyes -- I don't find the corresponding link in the admin menu (i.e. I don't find it neither in the "information" nor "config" dropdown of the curve theme nor in the any of the configuration items)?

However, when clicking on the phpMyAdmin-button of the plugin in the Plugin-Manager, I get the following error:

Warning: main(include/init.inc.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in .../plugins/phpmyadmin/index.php on line 20

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'include/init.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in .../plugins/phpmyadmin/index.php on line 20

On line 20 there's the following referra:
require_once('include/init.inc.php')

However, within the include directory on my ftp I can find the init.inc.php

Would be grateful for any help.

Cheers, Peter

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 09:33:48 pm »

Strange. First time I tried to run it I got the error you experienced. So I tried it with a different theme and it worked. When I returned to the curve theme it worked.. It does need looking into but that is not high on the priority list. Give it another go.

peterlustig

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 11:47:13 pm »

Hm. Tried it with curve, igames and Timoswelt. Always the same error. But also never found the announced integration into one of he admin menus. Thus tried to launch it from within the plugin-manager....

Anyhow, thanks for trying to replicate what I experience.

Cheers, Peter

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 11:58:56 pm »

No, it will only launch from the plugin manager at the moment. Does the actual package work without the other error now?

peterlustig

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 02:59:30 pm »

???? I don't get it -- now I can launch it, and it seems to work smoothly. But I didn't change ANYthing. The day before yesterday, before posting, I tried it several times, with different themes activated, but it never worked, always produced the same error, as above mentioned.

Anyhow, I now get to the attached dialogue and can produce a Backup. However, the resulting file is way smaller (it's only 1.2MB) than the one that was generated of the 1.4.27 database using the "Backup" plugin (the last Backup of 1.4.27 is 7.1 MB). Are these settings http://b.imagehost.org/view/0637/phpMyAdminSettings correct?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 03:18:31 pm »

All we can do is provide support for the plugin. The plugin in this case just provides an easy way of installing a third party tool. Configuration of phpmyadmin is best asked over on the phpmyadmin site.

Please, we would much prefer it if you uploaded your images here instead of hotlinking them. In a few weeks/months time when that hotlinked image dissapears it makes a support thread a little useless.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2010, 03:48:26 pm »

OT: I recommend MySQLDumper (short MSD, http://www.mysqldumper.de/) for creating database backups. It's the better tool for creating dump files than phpMyAdmin imo. I already tried to create a MSD plugin, but that's not possible as it creates hard coded paths during its installation. The next generation of MSD won't has these limitations, so it should be possible to provide a MSD plugin for Coppermine :)

johnbcheetah

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2010, 06:06:00 pm »

Same problem here, wouldn't launch in Rainy_day theme, so changed to curve, and it launched, then returned to rainy_day and works now.

johnbcheetah

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2010, 07:00:27 am »

now I have the problem again, changing themes doesn't work any more. It only launched from the plugin manager in the first place.... no button on the main page. Any solution suggestions?
This is the line I get:
 Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'include/init.inc.php' (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/pictorious.fi/httpdocs/plugins/phpmyadmin/index.php on line 20

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2010, 10:21:14 am »

Version 1.5 attached to initial post.

Changelog:
- Fixed admin_menu button.
- Updated phpMyAdmin to version 2.11.11.1.
- Removed unneeded include in index.php.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2010, 08:53:28 pm »

Good work Andre.

johnbcheetah

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2010, 07:21:19 am »

Installed 1.5, now get this line. (Admin menu button works now)

Fatal error: Call to undefined function pageheader() in /var/www/vhosts/pictorious.fi/httpdocs/plugins/phpmyadmin/index.php on line 37

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2010, 08:56:50 am »

Fatal error: Call to undefined function pageheader() in /var/www/vhosts/pictorious.fi/httpdocs/plugins/phpmyadmin/index.php on line 37
When does it happen? What's the exact url? Please post a link to your gallery. If this is your gallery, upgrade to cpg1.5.10.

johnbcheetah

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2010, 07:54:01 pm »

If it's the same as that attached to the initial post, then it's already upgraded. If not, where do I find it?

papukaija

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2010, 08:56:02 pm »

If it's the same as that attached to the initial post, then it's already upgraded. If not, where do I find it?

That gallery is running cpg 1.5.8. Upgrade instructions are available here. Please disable login for guests or provide a test (not admin) account.

Greybrow

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2011, 12:06:55 pm »

Hi, I've got the same problem as johnbcheetah.
I've got clean cpg1.5.12 and plugin v1.5.

I found simple "solution" :)
Plugin works only with gallery set to english language.
I tried to add phpmyadmin language files to plugins phpmyadmin/lang folder, but it didn't work.
Any help?

eris667

• Coppermine novice
    • http://www.strm.us/cpg15x/index.php
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2011, 04:21:27 am »

cpg1.5.2 (just upgraded from 1.4x)
cpg1.5x_plugin_phpmyadmin v1.5.zip

IFrame goes to
http://www.strm.us/cpg15x/index.php?file=phpmyadmin/index

and I get the message
The page http://www.strm.us/cpg15x/index.php?file=phpmyadmin/index was not found.

any ideas?

Thank You !

Mike
http://www.strm.us/cpg15x/index.php
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.