Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Largest version of pic not displaying  (Read 6373 times)

MGP

• Coppermine newbie
Largest version of pic not displaying
« on: July 31, 2009, 12:54:13 pm »

Vast majority of clients have no problems with galleries I created. However 3 clients can view everything just fine but when they click on intermediate pic they get the pop-up screen but it says, "No image to display". (Same gallery on another computer shows it just fine). So, I assume this is a browser/computer issue not Coppermine...would you agree?  I'm just trying to cover my bases and make sure there is not something I need to consider with Coppermine.
Thanks in advance!

Nibbler

Re: Largest version of pic not displaying
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 01:02:10 pm »

Need a link to be able to tell you anything.

MGP

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 03:09:57 pm »

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 03:20:24 pm »

You need first to fix:
    • Your stylesheet seems to obscure "Powered by Coppermine"
    • Your version is very old -  <!--Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.19 (stable)--> - upgrade ASAP
    • The pics/albums seem to be password protected

MGP

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 03:37:14 pm »

Thanks...I'll call this issue closed for now. I knew I was due for an upgrade, just have not taken the time to do it...after I do the upgrade, I'll see if it remains a problem. It is not a huge issue since it pertains to only a few clients and I have not been able to duplicate the error on any computer I have used.
Thanks again...I really appreciate your time.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 04:40:01 pm »

Thanks for resolving your thread, but you need to restore the visibility of the "Powered by Coppermine" tag no matter what - it's a license add-on and a pre-requisite for being allowed to use the software.

MGP

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 05:00:57 pm »

I'll try to get that showing today...sorry I missed that when I tinkered with the template. It is there I think, just hidden by color.

MGP

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 08:47:43 pm »

I had to open this thread back up again.
I have upgraded to 1.4.25 and made sure "Powered by Coppermine" is showing as it should.
I have 5+ users who are unable to view largest version of pics from photo galleries (all other aspects of gallery work perfectly). Still getting "no image to display". The problem is, same gallery viewed on another computer or at another location works perfectly. So, I know all aspects of gallery are OK.

People having trouble viewing have operating systems of XP or Vista and Internet connections are T1,wireless, DSL & satelite. There does not seem to be any correlation between operating system & the type of connection. I am still leaning toward the idea that it must be some browser/computer setting. Any thoughts?

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 08:59:32 pm »

You need first to fix:
    • The pics/albums seem to be password protected
Maybe try unlocking some pics so someone else won't waste their time trying to help you!

MGP

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 09:31:53 pm »

Very sorry...
In Wedding Picture Proofs, see Nate & Steph-Engagment gallery.

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2009, 11:58:49 pm »

Browser/connection issues aren't normally supported, but a plain installation such as your should not be showing browser specific problems.

Your issue is with what you have uploaded, rather than what Coppermine is doing.

Examples
http://www.mgreenphoto.net/Coppermine/displayimage.php?album=25&pos=1
was uploaded at 288 x 432 pixels and will open to (slightly) larger size from the intermediate.
But
http://www.mgreenphoto.net/Coppermine/displayimage.php?album=25&pos=6
was uploaded at 288 x 192 pixels  which means there is no larger size to open

I tried it with FF 3.5.2 and Chrome and where possible the pop-up worked fine.

MGP

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2009, 03:38:06 am »

Thanks i-imagine. This afternoon, 2 of the 5+ users having problems were now able to view larger pics. I will review uploads and correct any as necessary. As for the the other users, I have to assume it is a browser/connection issue.
Thanks so much for all your input - it has been a great help.
I will call this thread complete.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2009, 09:00:24 am »

No, it's not a browser issue nor a connection issue. Read Joes's reply, it makes perfect sense. If you're uploading images that are smaller in terms of resolution than what you have specified in coppermine's config for the dimension of intermediate images, then there will be no more "enlarge me" click from intermediates image to full-size. Simple as that: the visitor is already looking at an image in maximum resolution although that image is still embedded into the site's output, so there will be no pop-up.
The only thing you can improve is your consistency of dimensions of file uploads.

MGP

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2009, 11:48:38 am »

Problem is still happening...somewhat randomly. It is not associated with the search function of Coppermine - it is happening when user is just viewing an album of their choice, after entering their appropriate password.

I have done all the suggested items noted in the post (upgraded to 1.4.25, reworked size of uploads, etc). I would say 3/4 of visitors don't have a problem and the other 1/4 are getting the error. And it is not a Windows error, it is a Coppermine message. (Screen shot attached).
I have had visitors check Internet connections, clear cookies, etc. Two weeks ago a user could not view the largest version of pics in an album and then last week, no problems.

I have had hosting co. look into issue on their end and they say it is hard for them to help because they can't reproduce the error (no surprise as 3/4 of visitors don't have issues). Would you mind looking over the gallery to provide any suggestions?
www.mgreenphoto.net/Coppermine
Open album is under Wedding Picutre Proofs, Travis & Heather.
Thank you so much.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2009, 11:57:27 am »

I tried the initial six images from http://www.mgreenphoto.net/Coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=37 - all of them worked as expected.

MGP

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2009, 08:07:35 pm »

Safe to say that leaves us assuming it has to be a brower issue or host server issue? 
Just wanted your professional opinion so I was not missing anything major in Coppermine.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2009, 08:39:53 pm »

Try another browser if you think this could be your browser. A third-party pseudo-security-app like notorious "Norton Internet Security" might interfere as well. Sorry, we can't really help you solve potential client-sided issues.

MGP

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2009, 11:56:21 am »

Thanks.  Based on my review (and hopefully your review) I wanted to do my best to determine that it was in fact a client-sided issue...or a better way to say it - to make sure Coppermine looked as though it was not the culprit of the problem. I realize you can't help with client-side issues (and I would never expect this forum to do that). My goal was to try and eliminate my Coppermine configuration as causing problems.

We have tried multiple browsers, multiple Internet connections, cleared cookies, etc. The fact that one computer can see those largest versions one session and can't the next makes me almost certain it is server/Internet problem. If your review of my Coppermine config & function agrees with my assumption, then I will go confidently into solving the client-side issues.

I really appreciate your time and willingness to have this forum - it has been very helpful in many areas for me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.