Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: thumbnails and images not displayed but file names only  (Read 4377 times)

kding

• Coppermine newbie
thumbnails and images not displayed but file names only
« on: July 31, 2009, 07:09:01 am »

Hi, I just installed my gallery using cpanel/fransco auto installation. After creating a category and a new album I uploaded some pictures. What I saw after these steps are file names rather than thumbnails. While clicking a file name I saw another file name. No pictures displayed at all all even for original file size. I have CMOD album folder all the way down to individual files. If I want to link the image file directly I have this error message:

You don't have permission to access /albums/2009/may/normal_IMG_3709.jpg on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.b

I have attached a screen image to show the file names but no thumbnails. My site is at http://yanlingfang.com/pic

Thank you for your help in advance.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: thumbnails and images not displayed but file names only
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 07:18:28 am »

I just installed my gallery using cpanel/fransco auto installation.
That goes unsupported from our side. Ask cpanel or the people who provide cpanel to you if you insist on using that method. The only supported install method is the one we describe in our documentation that comes with coppermine. If you want support, perform an upgrade as we suggest.
What I saw after these steps are file names rather than thumbnails. While clicking a file name I saw another file name. No pictures displayed at all all even for original file size. I have CMOD album folder all the way down to individual files. If I want to link the image file directly I have this error message:

You don't have permission to access /albums/2009/may/normal_IMG_3709.jpg on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.b
A so-called 403 forbidden error. Not related to coppermine. Ask your webhost for support, maybe the files need to be CHOWNed.

kding

• Coppermine newbie
Re: thumbnails and images not displayed but file names only
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 05:15:25 pm »

ok. will follow your suggestions. thank you for your help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.