Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Navigation section for admin and gallery  (Read 3290 times)

heavensportal

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • The Fantasy Attic
Navigation section for admin and gallery
« on: July 29, 2009, 03:57:28 am »

I was wanting to know where the php info is  (what file to look at) in order to remove a couple of buttons that we do not need. I have looked til I am crossed eyed...lol

I would also like to put a few spaces between the buttons. Right at the moment we are using Transmission but it will be helpful information for any theme since we will be revamping our site soon.

Thanks

Gene-2008

• Contributor
Re: Navigation section for admin and gallery
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 04:41:42 am »

You can define the SYS_MENU, SUB_MENU, and the ADMIN_MENU in the theme.php file of the theme you are using.

Look at creating templates in the theme.php....

Gene

heavensportal

• The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 05:56:06 am »

thank you...I think I saw that file and got a headache...lol so many links in there but I know where to start...and in a test gallery so I do not mess up my poor little 1.4.21 version.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 07:33:08 am »

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,55415.msg270616.html#msg270616
I guess the site in question is http://thefantasiesattic.net/attic/cpg/index.php

As suggested, you need to copy the section you want to see changed from themes/sample/theme.php into a new line before
Code: [Select]
?>of the file themes/yourtheme/theme.php and then edit the stuff you cpoied in as you see fit. This way, you only need to edit the stuff that actually makes your gallery differ from the default behaviour: by defining something in your theme.php file you override the default. Therefore, don't copy the entire content of themes/sample/theme.php, but only the sections you need.

For the admin menu, you'll need to find
$template_gallery_admin_menu =in themes/yourtheme/theme.php and edit as you see fit. If that section doesn't exist in your custim theme, copy
// HTML template for gallery admin menu
$template_gallery_admin_menu = <<<EOT

<div align="center">
                <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1">
                        <tr>
<!-- BEGIN admin_approval -->
                                <td class="admin_menu" id="admin_menu_anim"><a href="editpics.php?mode=upload_approval" title="{UPL_APP_TITLE}">{UPL_APP_LNK}</a></td>
<!-- END admin_approval -->
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="admin.php" title="{ADMIN_TITLE}">{ADMIN_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="catmgr.php" title="{CATEGORIES_TITLE}">{CATEGORIES_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="albmgr.php{CATL}" title="{ALBUMS_TITLE}">{ALBUMS_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="groupmgr.php" title="{GROUPS_TITLE}">{GROUPS_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="usermgr.php" title="{USERS_TITLE}">{USERS_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="banning.php" title="{BAN_TITLE}">{BAN_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="reviewcom.php" title="{COMMENTS_TITLE}">{COMMENTS_LNK}</a></td>
<!-- BEGIN log_ecards -->
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="db_ecard.php" title="{DB_ECARD_TITLE}">{DB_ECARD_LNK}</a></td>
<!-- END log_ecards -->
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="picmgr.php" title="{PICTURES_TITLE}">{PICTURES_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="searchnew.php" title="{SEARCHNEW_TITLE}">{SEARCHNEW_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="util.php" title="{UTIL_TITLE}">{UTIL_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="profile.php?op=edit_profile" title="{MY_PROF_TITLE}">{MY_PROF_LNK}</a></td>
<!-- BEGIN documentation -->
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="{DOCUMENTATION_HREF}" title="{DOCUMENTATION_TITLE}">{DOCUMENTATION_LNK}</a></td>
<!-- END documentation -->
                        </tr>
                </table>
                </div>

EOT;
from themes/sample/theme.php into a new line before themes/yourtheme/theme.php

Similar things apply to the sys menu and sub menu.

Instead of complaining that things are complicated (which is not the case imo) you should have performed a search: changing the menus has been asked and answered many times over...
As suggested in your other open thread "I am behind in versions" you need to upgrade first before doing anything else.

Joachim

P.S. The scroller you have on your gallery is eating up way to many resources - it nearly brings my browser down. I suggest reviewing the idea to remain a scroller - marquee is outdated imo.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 07:48:53 am by Joachim Müller »

heavensportal

• The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 10:58:29 am »

it was not a complaint my good man...it was a fact. although I do a bit of coding I am learning php/css and all that so yes it is complicated for me a novice. I have high aspiratios to be able someday to do things with files and data without assistance..oh well

yes I am going to fix the links in that theme but on a test forum then just move the file to the one in question. I m going to update now that I think I have gathered all the pertinent info I need

Thanks for the aide with additional code to look for and how...I find that very helpful

wonder why it --the scroller-- almost murdered your computer...I have had no complains about that from the members...even the ones on dial up, thanks for the input I will take it into consideration but the members may shoot me if it disappears...lol

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 11:43:39 am »

but on a test forum
Coppermine is not a forum but a gallery.

wonder why it --the scroller-- almost murdered your computer...I have had no complains about that from the members...even the ones on dial up, thanks for the input I will take it into consideration but the members may shoot me if it disappears...lol
The connection speed doesn't matter at all here, so it's irrelevant in this case wether your visitors are on dialup, cable, DSL or whatever. Sheer computing power on the client is what counts in this aspect. My client is a two year old dell notebook with Ubuntu Linux and Firefox, so I can assure you that there is little overhead on the machine. But after all, that's more a matter of taste and finally it's off topic, sorry for that.

it was not a complaint my good man...it was a fact.
Well, it may be a fact for you, but sounds like a complaint to me - maybe you're not part of the target audience for the app if it's too complicated for you... :-X

heavensportal

• The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 11:49:48 am »

i am a novice is all so drop the subject I will work it out maybe and if not then i am out nothing...if i did not like this gallery software so much I would not try to  do things
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 19 queries.