Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: cpg1.5.1 alpha: how to become a tester  (Read 160796 times)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: cpg1.5.1 alpha: how to become a tester
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2009, 11:22:32 pm »

Well, they made a fool out of themselves, so they deserve the public humiliation. I disagree to remove the postings, as this would make the replies look silly. We can't do that.

phoenix_78

• Tester
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2009, 11:25:37 am »

Hi

I had a gallery running for years some times ago (stopped at 1.4.23) with 1000 of photos and some addons, my proper theme etc...
I deleted at that time and now I want to restart from 0 and I think this would be a great idea to test it with the new alpha version...

I also integrated the gallery at that time in my joomla sites... I suppose this will be possible again with the new version... Just need than to figure out how :)

I'm not a very skilled php scripter but I know enough to find out some problems or so...

So I would be glad to be accepted as tester... I also can test multilingual system (french, german, english...) if this is needed (or help translate - if it will be multilingual)

mr.goose

• Tester
  • Coppermine novice
    • GarfNet | Penguin-powered and full of unixy goodness
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2009, 04:40:39 pm »

I would like to offer my services if I may. I am a big fan of open source software generally and of Coppermine in particular. However, I feel I have taken far more from the open source community that I ever gave back. Therefore, I would like to take the opportunity to contribute something useful to the project, if I can.

• Native English speaker. (Plus a bit of very poor French!)
  • Bachelors & Masters degrees in Information Technology. Granted, these are not particularly useful in themselves but at least it means I can read & write!
  • Capable of filing meaningful and intelligible bug reports. I've read http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/testing.htm and understand that there is no value to the development team if testers file undecipherable gibberish!
  • Root SSH access to several large Linux servers. This means I can set up several instances, in (reasonably) controlled environments for various testing purposes, if needed.

I run quite a few Coppermine instances, mostly on intranets. This is one of my public ones:-

http://www.garfnet.org.uk/coppermine

The XHTML & CSS both validate (or they did last time I checked!). Moreover, I always run latest GPG version - especially on instances that are accessible from the internet. IMHO, considering all the "nasties" on the net, it seems a little irresponsible not to patch ASAP - especially as a compromised site could infect one's visitors.

Best wishes, G.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2009, 06:49:08 pm »

IMHO, considering all the "nasties" on the net, it seems a little irresponsible not to patch ASAP - especially as a compromised site could infect one's visitors.

That is a comment I would like to use in the future so I hope is it not copyrighted :)
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

mr.goose

• Tester
  • Coppermine novice
    • GarfNet | Penguin-powered and full of unixy goodness
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2009, 07:14:32 pm »

That is a comment I would like to use in the future so I hope is it not copyrighted :)
At the risk of swerving violently off-topic, this is a subject about which I feel strongly. In the real world, if you invite someone into your home, then you have a duty to take reasonable care to ensure their safety. I think the same should apply in the virtual world. So, yes, please consider it GPL'd!  ;D

Best wishes, G.

Daiva

• Tester
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2009, 05:24:37 pm »

I am using Coppermine gallery for about 3 years. English is my second language, but I have no problems in material understanding.
I am a student in programming and I have some experience with HTML, CSS and a little with PHP. Being a tester would be a great experience for me.
Here is my latest gallery:
http://danceart.lt/galerija/. I removed a lot of things and made it as plain as possible because it will be integrated into a website.

I also hope to participate in Lithuanian translation improving, as in the 1.4.25 version I have found few mistypes.

Nigel_Aves

• Tester
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2009, 08:03:30 am »

I'm more than willing to throw my hat into the testing side.

I'm really new to Coppermine (5 hours to be precise) and I'm very pleased how the new gallery is taking shape. I'm running the software at the top most level of a sub-domain. Up until now I've been using gallery2 but decided I wanted to go with a new look and feel. There is no hurry to get this new sub-domain on-line as my Gallery is still fully functional.

In my real profession (the one that pays the majority of bills)  I do a lot of software testing and work closely with the development team (I'm what's loosely called a Project Manager). So, I'm used to finding and reporting bugs. Secondary to that I'm a semi-pro (pays for the beer!) photographer working in Colorado.

If you believe I can be of assistance please don't hesitate to write.

Nigel Aves.

gigiskhan

• Tester
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2009, 10:45:46 am »

Hi Dears,

I am using copermine gallery for 2 years now.
I am a free-lance C programmer usually working for steel industry.

Thanks to the global crysis, I have now some spare time and would like to contribute to your project; being for exemple tester.

I do have basic knowledge with LAMP and HTML.

My gallery:
http://gigi.is-a-geek.net/album

Is running on my linux box (kubuntu 9.01).
I use imagemagic apache 2.2.11 php 5.2.6 and mysql 5.0.75

It is a basic gallery with rainy days theme.

I do not have the very last release of copermine but keep running release 1.4.24 as I do not have uploads problems with PHP.

I could install a second gallery for test purpose.

I hope I can help.

Regards.

Ghislain AUTRET

fernando22042

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2009, 01:58:45 am »

I Just wanna be able to test all available features of 1.5.1
I start using coppermine with PhpNuke since 2003
I just wanna know how can I help to make it better

Vurmil

• Translator
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2009, 04:01:55 pm »

Hi, I am also using coppermine since years

I also want to become one of the testers...

I will start the Polish translation.

cohassetsteve

• Tester
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2009, 08:48:51 pm »

I would like to become an Alpha tester...

I maintained a CPG gallery for about a year but switched to Gallery2 for many reasons - I deleted my old CPG installation and am sorry I did, I have installed 1.4 again and have imported my G2 files back into CPG and will be adding the enhancements. the url is
http://www.viertell.com/cpg
it's just a barebones gallery at the moment. My old cpg gallery had lot's of plugins and worked well.

I would probably do the testing of the Alpha version on my local Ubuntu server that's not accessible from the Internet and only from my little intranet.

I'm not a php programmer, but as a retired 20 year IT guy, I'm not afraid to modify php scripts, etc.

Thanks for your consideration

cohassetsteve

• Tester
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2009, 08:53:47 pm »

I would like to become an Alpha tester...

I maintained a CPG gallery for about a year but switched to Gallery2 for many reasons - I deleted my old CPG installation and am sorry I did, I have installed 1.4 again and have imported my G2 files back into CPG and will be adding the enhancements. the url is
http://www.viertell.com/cpg
it's just a barebones gallery at the moment. My old cpg gallery had lot's of plugins and worked well.

I would probably do the testing of the Alpha version on my local Ubuntu server that's not accessible from the Internet and only from my little intranet.

I'm not a php programmer, but as a retired 20 year IT guy, I'm not afraid to modify php scripts, etc.

Thanks for your consideration

BTW, I also maintain a Drupal installation at http://www.cohassetsteve.com so I'm very familiar with maintaining open source scripts.

Albumi

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2009, 12:44:51 am »

Sorry if this question is asked already!

Is any release date for 1.5.x  Final date?

Because I'm planing to launch a gallery website!

Thanks!

Pascal YAP

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Hello World :-)
    • CPG 1.5.x ExperiMental website

Vurmil

• Translator
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2009, 07:13:25 pm »

This is a partial translation of the Polish language.

I translated about 40% of the file.

All the major inscriptions visible from the position of a user are translated at 99%

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2009, 09:46:57 am »

This is a partial translation of the Polish language.
Added in r6747.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2009, 06:34:34 pm »

Now that cpg1.5.2 has been released as a public beta, this thread is no longer needed. Locking and un-stickyfying it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.