Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't upload with Batch Add function  (Read 10291 times)

penelope79

• Coppermine novice
Can't upload with Batch Add function
« on: July 27, 2009, 01:32:07 am »

Hello,
I have huge problems in adding images to the gallery with the Batch Add function. I'm posting my issue here because it's not the first time: I used to have cpg version 1.4.23 and modpack 1.4.24 with the same results (I posted about it few weeks ago) and I solved the problem simply updating to v. 1.4.25. At that time, I thought it only depended from the cpg version I had and since I love this modpack I installed it again. I also followed these instructions: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,60491.0.html .  However, I get again the same PB error each time I try to batch add files, no matter what size the images are, hence I am now convinced it depends from the modpack. I checked, re-checked and re-applied permissions, with no results.
My gallery is here: http://kristen-online.net/gallery/
In the case it helps, here is the test login: Username: tester, Password: tester1.
HTTP upload works fine, but I need to update my gallery regularly and very often with many images at ones, so I really need the Batch Add function. Thanks in advance.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Can't upload with Batch Add function
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 08:38:20 am »

HTTP upload works fine
Can't confirm, as you enabled admin approval... ::)

penelope79

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 09:40:40 am »

Can't confirm, as you enabled admin approval... ::)
Ops, fixed it. :) I approved the file meanwhile and it now appears in the gallery between the latest uploads. I tested the HTTP upload myself previously and it works for me too.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 11:28:07 am »

Could you try to find out what exactly is the show stopper: try replacing the file searchnew.php with the one from the most recent standalone coppermine package, then try to perform a batch-add and see how it goes.

penelope79

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 01:00:05 pm »

Done. I replaced searchnew.php page of the modpack with the one of 1.4.25 version. I still get the PB error, though.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 07:46:41 am »

Then replace all your core files with vanilla files, turning the modpack install into a standalone install. This way, you can try to determine if this is actually a modpack error or not.

penelope79

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 04:11:47 pm »

Hey Joachim, thank you for your reply. I just replaced my core files with vanilla files as suggested and just uploaded my images again. The Batch Add function works great and fast. Does that mean that my fears were right? Is it the modpack?  :(

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 05:45:48 pm »

Maybe, I don't know. Maybe Stramm could look into this issue?

penelope79

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 05:38:29 pm »

I'll wait for Stramm, then. Thank you Joachim. :)

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 07:14:54 pm »

The only problem that may occur is the increased memory usage due to watermarking, sharpening etc.
Despite that nothing has changed within the batch add system.
Either try turning off these modpack features or try batch adding smaller images (smaller in size x,y; to test eg 640px x 480px). If that works you know what to do (increasing memory_limit - > php.ini)

penelope79

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2009, 09:49:39 am »

Thank you for your reply, Stramm.
I reinstalled the latest version of the modpack and followed the instructions suggested in this thread: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,60491.0.html .
I then tried to upload a smaller image with the Batch Add function (size 317 x 324, 14 kb) but I got the PB error again. Should I still try to ask to my host (as I am not the administrator of my server) to increase the memory in my php.ini? Do you you have any more suggestion? I love your modpack and I really would like to keep it installed. :(

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 10:05:31 am »

Don't think that helps. Have you tried disabling watermarking? The last possibility I can think of is permissions (for watermarking the fullsized images). Try batch adding without watermarking and if that works properly chmod files / folders of your uploaded images.

penelope79

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 11:43:53 am »

I never enabled watermarking function in the first place, hence every attempt I made to add images with Batch Add were with the watermarking function disabled. And I checked carefully the permissions of each folder, they are all 755/777. Do you think I should try to replace some core file with those of the latest cpg version?

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2009, 11:50:20 am »

please replace include/picmgmnt.inc.php with an original one

penelope79

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2009, 02:50:10 pm »

Done. The good news is that now the Batch Add works, yay! :)
The bad news is that it does not sharpen and crop the images anymore when the thumbnails are created. ::) Is it normal?

penelope79

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2009, 03:42:19 pm »

Please, do you have any more suggestion, Stramm?   :)

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2009, 06:36:20 pm »

as said above... disable the image manipulation related functions of the modpack and see who the culprit is (or if it's not working even if all's disabled like mini thumbs, sharpening, notifications, watermarks)

penelope79

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2009, 09:40:44 am »

The problem is suddenly solved. I don't know exactly when it's been fixed, I just tried the batch add function and now it works.
Anyway, I just wanted to share with others who may experiencing the same problem the settings of my gallery that are working for me with Stramm modpack installed, in the case this may help, even though they can be superfluous: be sure that the folders containing your images have a CHMOD of 777 (I usually set all my folders to 777 as 755 sometimes is not enough) and, if ImageMagick does not work, use GD2 library.  Hope this may help a little bit. I'm going to mark this topic as solved.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 20 queries.