Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: problem with search  (Read 2562 times)

maceo123

• Coppermine newbie
problem with search
« on: July 24, 2009, 01:49:38 pm »

hi. i don't know from where the problem is coming if its cookies or code or something i searched the forum and find some similar problems but still didn't solved well...

the problem is when i search a keyword for example "lion"

i get 250 pictures by 3 pages the first page is fine but when i enter page 2 he show me some other keyword that searched before or "there is no image to display" that's why i think its connected to cookies
but another thing that is when i see the address is look like this

"www.site.com/cpg/thumbnails.php?album=search&cat=0&page=2"

its didn't need to be this way? :

"www.site.com/cpg/thumbnails.php?album=search&cat=0&page=2&search=keyword"

its important to say that in some computers its work fine and in some is not.....
another reason i think its connected with cookies

but in the way i wrote "search=keyword" i think it will solve the problem, but i dont know where to write it

thanks in advance, liran.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: problem with search
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 01:53:35 pm »

Post the real URL and not a dummy placeholder (as per board rules). The form is $_POST-driven (because a dev made a last-minute commit when cpg1.4.x was bundled that changed this). You're welcome to make it $_GET driven. I'm sure that this was discussed previously.

maceo123

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 01:58:48 pm »

i am sorry for my tiny knowledge i am not a coder

so i didn't really understand what you're talking about can you please explain me in easiar language

and i searched and find only one post that didnt solved this thing i am never asking before i searched well in the net.

thanks.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 02:03:10 pm »

What kind of knowledge do you need to do as I suggested:
Post the real URL and not a dummy placeholder (as per board rules).

maceo123

• Coppermine newbie

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 12:20:00 pm »

Several things come to mind:
  • You need to upgrade - you're running cpg1.4.19, while the most recent stable release currently is cpg1.4.25. There's a reason why new versions come out.
  • Tintin should not be found when searching for "Disney", you should remove the keyword "Disney" from pics that show Tintin. Similar things apply for Beavis & Butthead, Garfield, Käpt'n Blaubär (Postbank), The Simpsons etc...
  • Not sure what you're asking for: the page tabs work as expected. What's your question? Do you want to be able to directly link to other result pages? If yes, add the parameter you search for to the URL manually, e.g. like this: http://zissugets.net/bca/nos/thumbnails.php?album=search&page=5&search=disney
  • You have a custom modification running that will send users directly to the image in the page. That modification is eating up all my browser resources, resulting in a painfully slow page load. Without looking into this I'd say: even if I were the target audience of your site I'd be leaving in less than a minute because my browser was reacting so damn slow. Not a bright idea. Seems like you're triggering loads of flash objects that will bring down the page
  • The markup of your custom theme is "exotic", you should fix that (see http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fzissugets.net%2Fbca%2Fnos%2Fthumbnails.php%3Falbum%3Dsearch%26search%3Ddisney);
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.