Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transferring only the contents (pics including descriptions and comments)  (Read 4326 times)

wobo

• Coppermine newbie

I did a fresh Coppermine installation. How can I transfer the pics, their descriptions and the comments from an old 1.4 installation to the new one? I don't want to move the old installation and upgrade to 1.4.25 because the I did too many changes to the old installation.

Both installations are on the same server and on the same database.

wobo

Nibbler

Any changes you made will be reset when you do the update anyway. Follow the instructions in the FAQ for moving a gallery.

wobo

• Coppermine newbie

Does that mean it is not possible to transfer the contents?

wobo

• Coppermine newbie

Sorry, I meant "only the contents".

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Sure possible: transfer database tables and content of albums folder. However, that's 99% of Coppermine, so you don't save any time, and the chances are high that you make a mistake when ommitting things. That's why you should do as suggested.

wobo

• Coppermine newbie

Ok, I see the reasoning there.
Background is that I'm doing a test for an overall "renovation" of our website (new forum software, new portal, update of wiki, update of wordpress page) which includes an overall new look. I am doing this first in a testbed, that's why I need a second instance of Coppermine anyway. I'll try the fresh install and transfer of the data in the testbed.

Thx

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

You don't need a separate install to create a new theme. You can test a new theme indefinitely before it get's public. Jzst by adding a single URL parameter you can view the gallery with the new theme you're currently working on without anyone else noticing. That is being explained in the docs btw.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.