Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: reCAPTCHA - Anti Spam - Comments, Registration, ecards, Report and Login  (Read 342892 times)

troz

• Coppermine newbie
Re: reCAPTCHA - Anti Spam - Comments, Registration, ecards, Report and Login
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2009, 01:21:48 am »

That was my final thought. 1.4.25 is also the version that I am running. The swfobject.js references the FLV player and should only be needed when someone attempts to play a Flash video so I agree, there shouldnt be an effect with the register page.

I will work on updating new pages tonight and post the results this evening.

Thanks a million for your assistance Joe!

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2009, 01:29:41 pm »

Release of Version 2.5

Changes made in this version
    • Slider plugin conflict fixed
    • Change expression to replace in Registration
    • Misc. html and file cleanup

Version 2.5 now attached to first post.

Users of v2.4 can replace codebase.php to upgrade.
    Versions older than 2.4 need to replace codebase.php and recaptcha_config.php.
    « Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 03:15:49 pm by i-imagine »

aftab1003

• Coppermine regular visitor
      • PictureRating Site for Teens
    « Reply #62 on: October 17, 2009, 10:40:39 am »

i recently upgrade my gallery to 1.4.25

download the recaptch, try to upload via plugin manager, but nothing uploaded and nothing appear in plugin manager. but only sample plugin.
    then i try to add unzipped via ftp on server, then it appears in plugin manager, and click on install. i add the both keys, and press GO.
    every thing disappear from pluginmgr.php with out any errors. there is no effect on my gallery.

then i try to install sample plugin with user name and password, it also disappear.

plugin is still on plugin folder, but not in plugin manager.

is there any problem with my gallery, or i am doing something wrong.?
    any clue?

thanks in advance.
    here is my gallery link
    http://picturerating.us/picture-gallery/index.php (adult content warning)

aftab1003

• Coppermine regular visitor
      • PictureRating Site for Teens
    « Reply #63 on: October 17, 2009, 10:48:10 am »

i extremly sorry, my plugin controle was disable in my config. now all is working fine.

thanks for nice plugin.

wanglese

• Coppermine newbie
    « Reply #64 on: October 31, 2009, 04:20:57 am »

Thank you so much for this plugin.

I was looking around for solutions specifically for CPG, and this was so easy to install and setup.
    5 minutes, and it's working as advertised.

Having looked at the solution, I now realise I can use reCAPTCHA in other settings.

http://illawarraastronomicalsociety.hostoi.com/photogallery.php

wanglese

• Coppermine newbie
    « Reply #65 on: October 31, 2009, 04:22:50 am »

Thank you so much for this plugin.

I was looking around for solutions specifically for CPG, and this was so easy to install and setup.
    5 minutes, and it's working as advertised.

Having looked at the solution, I now realise I can use reCAPTCHA in other settings.

http://illawarraastronomicalsociety.hostoi.com/Photogallery.php

fixed the link :-)

foxbat

• Coppermine newbie
    « Reply #66 on: October 31, 2009, 01:01:43 pm »

Hi Joe,

I installed the plugin but can't seem to get it to work on the comments page. The plugin modifies the html to give the "Click here - type the words - click submit" button and the click/hide options do something but the Captcha box never actually appears. Tried it with IE8 and Firefox with the same results and there are no errors in the Firefox errors console. Any ideas? (the website is http://www.stuartbrown.me.uk).

Regards,
    - Andy

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
    • Coppermine addict
    • aka 'i-imagine'
      • Home Page
    « Reply #67 on: October 31, 2009, 01:09:57 pm »

Double check your keys - uninstall the plugin and then reinstall with cut and paste (rather than typing) of your keys.

foxbat

• Coppermine newbie
    « Reply #68 on: October 31, 2009, 02:01:32 pm »

Double check your keys - uninstall the plugin and then reinstall with cut and paste (rather than typing) of your keys.
    Hi Joe,

Yes that was it, thanks for the very fast reply. There was a trailing _ at the end of the public key that I managed to miss! It's all good now.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
    • Coppermine addict
    • aka "GauGau"
      • gaugau.de

wanglese

• Coppermine newbie
    « Reply #70 on: November 02, 2009, 10:00:09 pm »

sigh. Thanks. I wonder how I got it wrong TWICE ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ;D

CFR

• Coppermine newbie
    « Reply #71 on: November 13, 2009, 10:52:59 pm »

Hi!

I have this same problem which had @brr, and i cant make this "first aid" because in my theme simplement i dont have "problematic" code to change.
    I use: Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.25, Mesh theme and last version "recaptcha".

... any ideas please?

Tomek
    tomushi.com

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
    • Coppermine addict
    • aka 'i-imagine'
      • Home Page
    « Reply #72 on: November 13, 2009, 11:21:26 pm »

If your site is indeed http://tomushi.com/gallery/index.php then it looks like the plugin is not installed.

Please install it (or list a link to the gallery where you installed recaptcha) and reply.

CFR

• Coppermine newbie
    « Reply #73 on: November 14, 2009, 08:43:20 am »

Sorry for this, i was clean all and was little late. Morning give me now more energy :)
    Ok, reCaptcha is installed and ... :/ really i dont know where is the problem :( Maybe some plugin make the problem? I have installed:
    - CPG MiniCMS v1.6,
    - Stats v1.1.1,
    - Online Today v1.0,
    - Onlinestats v1.8,
    - CPG-HttpBL Plugin v0.1,
    - Light Box v1.1,
    - CPG-BadBehavior Plugin v0.4,
    - File replacer v1.0,
    - Filetypes editor v1.02,
    - Keyboard Navigation v1.1,
    - Keywords_add v1.1,
    - Facebook Plugin v1.0,
    - Thumb Rotate v0.4,

Thx for attention :)

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
    • Coppermine addict
    • aka 'i-imagine'
      • Home Page
    « Reply #74 on: November 14, 2009, 01:29:24 pm »

Wow! You have a lot of plugins installed. I think there is a plugin conflict somewhere because it does not work for comments using the Classic theme.
    http://tomushi.com/gallery/index.php?theme=classic

It looks to be working for Registration - so the trouble might be with a visual plugin.

I have myself tried many plugins with the recaptcha and have even now tested the keyboard nav. plugin with no effect on comments recaptcha.

You can try turning on/off a few of your plugins to test. Here I will try a few more tests, but do have limitations of time and what I want to load my test gallery with.

[Edit]
    Try this - in Plugin Manager use the up/down to move reCAPTCHA above Keyboard Navigation v1.1.

It works/fails on my test gallery depending on the position on the Installed Plugins List relative to Keyboard Navigation plugin.
    [/Edit]

« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 02:09:38 pm by i-imagine »

CFR

• Coppermine newbie
    « Reply #75 on: November 14, 2009, 02:35:02 pm »

This is strange ... i deinstalled all plugins and it works. One by one all install all and few more and ... still work. Maybe some plugin must be installed after not before :/ Which one, hard to say.
    I have one more think, when i write the proposed text i dont see what i write - background and letters have this same color. It is possible to change this?

Thanks a lot for help :)

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
    • Coppermine addict
    • aka 'i-imagine'
      • Home Page
    « Reply #76 on: November 14, 2009, 03:32:57 pm »

If you see the edit in my previous post...the order/sequence of the Keyboard Nav. plugin makes the difference. Both plugins change the html output in displayimage.php.

For the color of the text inside the recaptcha you will have to make a change to your style.css. I suggest looking at/changing the value for body text to #ffffff or similar. This is another issue that I cannot speak from experience on, however your theme does seem to treat the recaptcha differently than a "standard" Coppermine theme. (example: Eyeball, another black theme)

[off topic] Since you look to be a "security and spam conscious webmaster" you should see the statement about  Thumb Rotate (a interesting plugin!) [/off topic]

You are welcome.

CFR

• Coppermine newbie
    « Reply #77 on: November 14, 2009, 03:42:27 pm »

WOW! Thumb Rotate is turned off, THX again for all Your attention and suggestions :)

PZDR (regards)

cimona

• Coppermine newbie
      • Simona Mar
    « Reply #78 on: December 02, 2009, 10:14:07 pm »

Hi, I installed reCAPTCHA yesterday and it seamed to work great, but today when I tried to log back in to my website I noticed that my login page form got messed up after the plugin installation.
    I am using a cutom theme, modification of oranje and I would really like this plugin installed.
    My website:

http://www.simonamar.com/gallery/index.php

If you have any idea of what happend please let me know and thank you for the plugin.

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
    • Coppermine addict
    • aka 'i-imagine'
      • Home Page
    « Reply #79 on: December 02, 2009, 10:58:03 pm »

I noticed that my login page form got messed up after the plugin installation.

I am not very sure what exactly you mean, but to take a guess the "white page" background is what you don't like. It looks like your Contact page shows the same way.

There are a couple/few things you can look at.

1) The .css on the page showed a lot of errors in the Firefox error console. Fix as many as you can to start with.

2) The recaptcha is in a td with your .css of "graybox2" that has a table inside with the .css class of "maintable2". Look at those values too.

You also could use the much recommended Firebug tool to look at the page's.css in detail.
    Normally the tables and tds have no changes when the recaptcha is added to Coppermine.  (At least with the standard themes I have tested with)

If the 1 and 2 steps don't help or if you are asking about the menu location then:
    edit the file -> plugins/recaptcha/codebase.php [back it up first!]

Find around line 323:
    Code: [Select]
          </tr></table>
    EOT;
    Replace with:
    Code: [Select]
    EOT;
    Save with no extra spaces or changes to the file.
    « Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 01:30:45 am by Joe Carver »
    Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.