Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: reCAPTCHA - Anti Spam - Comments, Registration, ecards, Report and Login  (Read 342510 times)

brr

• Tester
  • Coppermine novice
    • BRR
Re: reCAPTCHA - Anti Spam - Comments, Registration, ecards, Report and Login
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2009, 10:40:15 pm »

Hello i-imagine.

I can confirm that changing of language works great with reCAPTCHA Plugin ver 2.3. Thanks for fixing the bug!

Bjørn Roger Rasmussen - http://web.brr.no/cpg-galleri/

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2009, 11:09:05 pm »

Thanks for the information.
I had tested the language change with the error messages only, leading to the false assumption that all was OK.

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2009, 05:30:06 am »

Release of Version 2.4

Changes made in this version
    • fix errors in file recaptcha_config.php - users array
    • Add Contact Form to package - installation instructions in readme.txt

(  now > 98% bug free!   :)       )

troz

• Coppermine newbie
    « Reply #43 on: October 03, 2009, 04:45:26 am »

Joe:
    Thank you for this great plugin. The image is working on the contact page but is not displaying on the registration page or comments. I previously had CAPTCHA 3.0 installed which has since been uninstalled (not deleted) and the captcha.php file has been removed from root and not sure if this is causing the problem.

The site is the-nowaks <dot> com.

I've disabled 'admin requires approval' so I dont have to be involved with approval.

Thanks,
    Steve

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
    • Coppermine addict
    • aka 'i-imagine'
      • Home Page
    « Reply #44 on: October 03, 2009, 12:22:28 pm »

You are welcome Steve.

It looks like you have made at least one edit to file recaptcha_config.php. The style
    is now 'blackglass' on the Contact page (instead of the style 'white').

Note that the style does not relate to the plugin's functions nor will the admin approval setting.

I suggest uploading a clean copy of that file to test. If that works then be sure to use caution
    when editing recaptcha_config.php before you upload a copy with your changes.
    « Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 02:07:05 pm by i-imagine »

troz

• Coppermine newbie
    « Reply #45 on: October 03, 2009, 02:50:43 pm »

I had changed the style to blackglass assuming the color pattern would match my background but I figured it would not affect the functuality of the plugin.

I've uploaded an original copy of recaptcha_config.php back to the folder, cleared the cache and still no image in the registration page. Is a copy of any of the files within the recaptcha folder needed in the root like the captcha plugin had needed? I didnt see it in the instructions but figured I would ask.

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
    • Coppermine addict
    • aka 'i-imagine'
      • Home Page
    « Reply #46 on: October 03, 2009, 03:44:34 pm »

Everything should be in the plugins/recaptcha folder.

From a quick test on my test gallery it looks like there is a .js conflict with
    the Slider plugin that you have installed. (but have not enabled in your home page)

The way it interfered on my test gallery looks different than on yours, but I will suggest these things to try.

1) Uninstall Slider
    2) Enable ecards for Guests - does it work there?
    3) Uninstall, then reinstall recaptcha v2.4

I will try a few more tests as time will allow and reply back here.

If you do indeed want a moving thumb display on your home page you can try my plugin:
    Scroller - Based on iTunes - Slideshow for Main and Album List Pages
    it does not conflict with recaptcha.

troz

• Coppermine newbie
    « Reply #47 on: October 03, 2009, 06:56:00 pm »

The slider is there, it's at the bottom of the page but for testing, I've now uninstalled it. When you say to enable ecards for guests, is this another plugin or standard with CPG? Reason I ask is I dont see the setting to allow/disable. When I am logged in, the option to send an ecard is there but not logged in, it's gone so I'm assuming this option is turned off and not sure where to adjust it. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled recaptcha 2.4 and still dont have the image appear in the registration box.

Two other things that I've noticed is
    A) If you attempt to comment on an image, it gives you an error for your name and words, but nowhere is there a spot for your name or words.
    B) The only form I do see the image working on it on the contact form

troz

• Coppermine newbie
    « Reply #48 on: October 03, 2009, 06:57:52 pm »

Something else that I should mention is that I needed to mod my themes.php page to allow FLV file types. Not sure if that may be causing a conflict or not.

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
    • Coppermine addict
    • aka 'i-imagine'
      • Home Page
    « Reply #49 on: October 03, 2009, 09:51:26 pm »

Sorry about that, I didn't see the slider before posting....

++++++++++++++
    Contact works differently than the other pages. Contact has the recaptcha .js built inside the form. The other pages get the recaptcha from the plugin. It uses a function similar to a "find and replace" to display the captcha. (find the submit button and replace it with the recaptcha submit).

The issue is in that function. You get a recaptcha error because the "check recaptcha" part of the plugin is working, but the "generate recaptcha" is not.
          ++++++++++++++
    I have tried most everything I can think of so far from here. As far as the theme mod. for flv goes, I just don't know. However I have tried your site with a couple of themes including Classic. So unless you have applied the flv mod. to all of the themes it should not matter.

I also tried the Facebook plugin (v1.3) and that made no difference here.
          ++++++++++++++
    Log in, go to Groups where you can enable Ecards, Comments and also Report for Guests. Each of those Coppermine pages should have a recaptcha for Guests in a default installation of this plugin. Please report back as to your result.
          ++++++++++++++
    If you do get recaptcha on those pages then my assumption would be that there is something conflicting/wrong in register.php or possibly the lang. files (although I tried testing some of those too...)
          ++++++++++++++
    There is one fix I might be able to have you try if any of the above does not work, but will need time to be made and pre-tested.

Good luck
    p.s. Wow! You have a lot of themes.........

troz

• Coppermine newbie
    « Reply #50 on: October 03, 2009, 10:52:37 pm »

Funny - I never checked the groups page before and have been using CPG for about 3 years! I just allowed guests to comment, send ecards and rate and bingo, the fields are now there for the ecard and comments. It's strange why its still not present for registration... below is a screenshot of what I am seeing for the registration page.

With the themes, I know, I need to get rid of most. When I originally installed CPG, I didnt know the themes could be viewed from the demo before I installed them. I happened to run across a theme pack and just installed them all, never going back to uninstall. The one that I have been using and is default for viewers is 2borno2b.

troz

• Coppermine newbie
    « Reply #51 on: October 03, 2009, 10:55:25 pm »

Screenshot attached. I did make a mod to the registration screen where fields 1, 2 and 5 are required. Could this be the problem?

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
    • Coppermine addict
    • aka 'i-imagine'
      • Home Page
    « Reply #52 on: October 03, 2009, 11:07:59 pm »

If you have made the field changes using admin tools, then I think it should not make a difference.
          ++++++++++++++
    Since you have had success with the other recaptcha's then all might not be lost...
          ++++++++++++++
    [edit] There is a file named codebase.txt attached to this post. file removed [/edit]
    Download >> rename to codebase.php >> upload to /plugins/recaptcha/ folder. (replacing what you have now)
          ++++++++++++++

Please reply with your result - thanks
    « Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 04:56:51 pm by i-imagine »

troz

• Coppermine newbie
    « Reply #53 on: October 03, 2009, 11:23:08 pm »

The change was not made in admin tools, it was made to the registry.php file. As found in this thread.

I uploaded the file you sent after renaming the extension to PHP and now get a parse/syntax error:
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/stevenow/public_html/nowaks/cm/plugins/recaptcha/codebase.php on line 448

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
    • Coppermine addict
    • aka 'i-imagine'
      • Home Page
    « Reply #54 on: October 03, 2009, 11:32:15 pm »

Yes, I saw that error on your page. The file itself should be OK since I tried repeating my instructions with the same file and it worked OK. Make sure that you only rename it (don't open and 'save as') because you have to preserve the format of UTF 8 w/o BOM (byte order mark). If the BOM gets added strange things will happen.

You have now answered the original issue's cause. I am sure if you upload a clean copy of register.php then recaptcha v2.4 will work fine for you.

Maybe if you double check the BOM and editing of your modded file (reg) then maybe you can get it to work with v2.4 (or with the 'patch' I posted for you)

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
    • Coppermine addict
    • aka 'i-imagine'
      • Home Page
    « Reply #55 on: October 03, 2009, 11:55:30 pm »

I have now tried the mod. to register.php from the post you referenced above:
    Making registration fields mandatory
    The mod. in the first post from that thread was applied.

ReCAPTCHA v2.4 and the mod. worked just fine.  " it's mandatry to fill in your xxxx"

Recheck your edits to register.php.

troz

• Coppermine newbie
    « Reply #56 on: October 04, 2009, 12:17:46 am »

Should I replace codebase.php with the original or keep the one that you had provided? Order was preserved as I edit everything using Dreamweaver. With the codebase file, I simply saved as codebase.php instead of *.txt and the uploaded without opening it. Let me upload an original copy of register.php and see if it makes a difference.

troz

• Coppermine newbie
    « Reply #57 on: October 04, 2009, 12:25:28 am »

For some reason, I didnt make a backup of the original register.php file so instead, I 'borrowed' an unmodded copy from a different site that I have CPG on, uploaded to this one and nothing. I then replaced the original codebase with the one you provided and again get the syntax/parse error.

troz

• Coppermine newbie
    « Reply #58 on: October 04, 2009, 12:34:54 am »

One more thing that crossed my mind. You mentioned in a prior post that the .js file for slider was causing a conflict. I have two other .js files in my gallery root (scripts.js and swfobject.js). Could those have any conflict? One is related to allow the playing of .FLV files.

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
    • Coppermine addict
    • aka 'i-imagine'
      • Home Page
    « Reply #59 on: October 04, 2009, 12:57:21 am »

"When in doubt start from scratch"

Get clean copies of what might be "bad" from downloads at the top of the page. CPG 1.4.25 files are what this has been tested with. Get a clean version of the plugin too.

Since the .js is loaded on all of your pages (I assume) and the recaptcha works well for you on all pages except for register.php then the fault is most likely still with register.php. Scripts.js is part of Coppermine's core, the plugin is compatible. I am not sure about swfobject.js, but don't see it in the source of your pages.

I know nothing about Dreamweaver - currently I use Notepad++ where you can see and set BOM.

I don't know which is the mod. regarding FLV files you have not posted a reference. However I doubt it should make a difference on the reg. page only.
    Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.