Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: ~(index #) in filenames  (Read 2921 times)

jaus

• Coppermine regular visitor
[Solved]: ~(index #) in filenames
« on: July 14, 2009, 12:33:20 pm »

I am slowly building a Coppermine section for my website.  I use a customized upload script that adds categories and images from my image database.  In my testing I frequently upload images, view them and then delete them by purging the _pictures table in the coppermine database.

In the past this has always worked seamlessly.   I recently upgraded to 1.4.25 from 1.4.20.   In the older version when I re-uploaded files they appeared just as though they were new.  With 1.4.25 , when I upload files more than once (even after purging the _pictures table) the files have a tilde sign and an index number attached to the end of the filename.  For example, the first time I upload image-w.jpg the filename will be the same.  The second time I upload image-w.jpg  the filename will appear as image-w~0.jpg, the third time it will be image-w~1.jpg, and so on.  I have purged the _pictures table prior to each upload.

The upload script I use has not changed.  I did read in the announcements that there was a duplicate fix to batch uploading in cpg1.4.24.   Has there been a modification that causes cpg to remember filenames even after they have been deleted from the _pictures table?  I don't see any new tables. How can I stop this filename indexing?  I want to be able to purge the cpg image database and start fresh during my testing.

Thanks,
Joe.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 01:40:30 pm by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: ~(index #) in filenames
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 12:41:56 pm »

You need to delete the actual files from the disk.

jaus

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 01:16:20 pm »

Thanks. That fixed it.

So, as of 1.4.24, I assume CPG sweeps the albums directory for dup filenames when uploading(?)

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 01:40:04 pm »

You can't have duplicate files on the disk, so Coppermine appends a tilde and a number until the filename is unique in that directory. This has been the case for all versions of Coppermine as far as I can remember.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.