Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Update thumbs and/or resized photos  (Read 6265 times)

fotke

• Coppermine novice
  • I am doing my best, but always open for suggestion
    • Amateur photos for Your desktop
Update thumbs and/or resized photos
« on: July 08, 2009, 06:38:21 pm »

Hi all,
I was searching through the docs and in the posts and found nothing about this:

In the Admin tools under Update thumbs and/or resized photos (1) function we have option to set up Number of processed images per click  where should timeout limit be concerned.
I found that timeout limit error does not occur with Number of processed images per click set to 130. But, I have 409 pictures in the album and I could not find the way to update all of them.

Is there a way to that at all nicely, smoothly and entirely in whole album?

Please advise,
Best regards to CPG team,
Zoran

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Update thumbs and/or resized photos
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 06:54:11 pm »

I found that timeout limit error does not occur with Number of processed images per click set to 130. But, I have 409 pictures in the album and I could not find the way to update all of them.
I don't understand the "but": if 130 files in one round works fine for you, why don't you use that setting? After four rounds, the resizing should be done. What's the actual question?

Nibbler

fotke

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 07:23:01 pm »

I don't understand the "but": if 130 files in one round works fine for you, why don't you use that setting? After four rounds, the resizing should be done. What's the actual question?

Dear Mr. Muller,

First of all, thanks for such fast response.

Second, I forgot to mention that I use that admin tool for watermarking of the JUploaded pics in album (which works nicely for first 130 pictures). Sorry for not mentioning that!

I tried several rounds of this tool on the one album, but there is no progress in the watermarking.

Since English is not my native language it took some time for me to type this reply, then I read reply from Mr. Nibbler and here is what I found:
When "Auto refresh (no need to click continue button anymore)" option is ticked, after Update I have "Back to main" button in the bottom of the list of updated files.
When "Auto refresh (no need to click continue button anymore)" option is not ticked, after every Update I have "Process more images" button in the bottom of the list of updated files. After every press of that button, update progresses with another round of pictures, so I manage to update whole album that way!

Thank you both very much for such fast replies and helping me to find the procedure.

Zoran

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 11:19:47 am »

Watermarking is not a core feature of cpg1.4.x, so I have no idea what code you are using, what it does, what goes wrong nor how to fix. You should provide all information if you want help. You haven't even done as per board rules: you even failed to provide a link to your gallery. I'm out of this thread.

fotke

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 02:21:42 pm »

Watermarking is not a core feature of cpg1.4.x, so I have no idea what code you are using, what it does, what goes wrong nor how to fix. You should provide all information if you want help. You haven't even done as per board rules: you even failed to provide a link to your gallery. I'm out of this thread.
Dear Mr. Muller,
You are completely right, please forgive me:
My configuration is CPG 1.4.24 + Stramm's mod for that version + Etienne's JUpload 3.6.1.
Link to the gallery is http://www.superfotke.com/galerija
It is ok now, everything is functional, I found runaround for my problem:

In the Admin tools under Update thumbs and/or resized photos (1) function we have option to set up Number of processed images per click  where should timeout limit be concerned. I have to process 409 pictures.
I found that timeout limit error does not occur with Number of processed images per click set to 130.

When "Auto refresh (no need to click continue button anymore)" option is ticked, after update I have "Back to main" button in the bottom of the list of updated files - which was actual problem - no way to process more than initial number of files.

When "Auto refresh (no need to click continue button anymore)" option is not ticked, which I tried this time for the first time, after every update I have "Process more images" button in the bottom of the list of updated files. After every press of that button, update progresses with another round of pictures, so I manage to update whole album that way!

That solves my problem, i do not need to change anything in code for now, but if I have to, I will know where to find solution as Mr. Nibbler suggested above.

Thanks again,
Best regards,
Zoran

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 02:41:39 pm »

Moving thread from the board cpg1.4 miscellaneous to the modpack support board (where you should have posted in the first place).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.