Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Batch Add Files : File Sizes  (Read 5265 times)

marion2u

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: Batch Add Files : File Sizes
« on: July 07, 2009, 10:08:40 pm »

Hi,

I've been working with coppermine for quiet a few years never had trouble with it.
Now I have installed a new gallery. I'm getting all my files there through ftp and batch add files function.
Large images doesn't seem to work and cannot be placed in albums through this function.
Where should I set the permissions or change anything so this works?
Thank You
Kim
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 05:03:51 pm by Joachim Müller »

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Batch Add Files : File Sizes
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 07:42:42 am »

rbennett

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 04:03:10 pm »

I had the same problem(s).  Had to change my file folder permissions to 777. It was set at 755 which was supposed to work but it didn't.

rbennett

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 04:04:58 pm »

I changed the file folder permissions from my FTP upload program.  You can also change it from your Cpanel.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 04:10:41 pm »

Thanks for your readiness to help. However, marion2u's problems may or may not be the same you had. So yes: improper permissions can be a reason, as well as a dozen other things that may interact. That's why marion2u needs to do as suggested in the docs.

rbennett

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 09:58:19 pm »

I apologize for trying to help. I thought a forum was for people to help people.  Didn't realize only administrators were supposed to answer questions.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 11:00:28 am »

My intention was not to discourage you - as I said, we're fond or your readiness to help. But the issues the thread starter has can have many reasons. Just telling her one of the possible reasons may lead her into the wrong direction, that's why I posted my above statement. Your response doesn't really tell a newbie what needs to be done, as most don't know enough about permissions in the first place. That's why newbies should take a look at the docs first (as permissions are explained there as well).
There are many threads where you would be most welcome to step in and help, but this one doesn't fall into that category. Please don't get upset and continue to help.

marion2u

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 03:20:34 pm »

This is what I got.
Set my folders to 777 but didn't help :

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 9920 bytes) in /var/www/html/gallery/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 262

marion2u

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2009, 03:25:21 pm »

EDIT:

Changed to Image Magick and that worked for me now.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2009, 05:03:39 pm »

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 9920 bytes) in /var/www/html/gallery/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 262
Then http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#ErrorAllowedMemorySize applies

Changed to Image Magick and that worked for me now.
Thanks for returning and resolving your thread. You might run into issues with your webhost complaining about resources consumption though. It would be better to resize the pics on your client before uploading them if you can.

@rbennett: sorry if this sounds like a lame "told you so", but it turns out that the thread starter's issues were unrelated to permissions.

Marking thread as "solved".

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.