Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Private Album configuration  (Read 2225 times)

NetCritter

• Coppermine newbie
    • Shutterbugs.info
Private Album configuration
« on: May 08, 2004, 06:02:43 pm »

Could someone please point me to a thread where it mentions all of the permissions which need to be set, and where, for setting up the Private Albums?

I tried setting one up, but the images were showing while I was logged out, and a test account I set up without any Group privileges was able to upload an image even though it gave me an error. I need to figure out which permissions to set and where.  I probably have them all backwards  :-\

Thanks much!

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Private Album configuration
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2004, 06:56:42 pm »

For any albums to have privacy settings, then you have to have 'Users can have private albums' set to yes in config.

For users to have personnal albums in the 'user galleries category, then they must be in a group that has permission to 'can have personal album', in the groups settings.

You set the album visibility in the albums 'properties' page, by clicking on the 'properties' button, next to the album thumb.

To prevent uploads by unlogged users, make sure the group setting for anonymous is set to no.

Finally, when testing this yourself, remember to force refresh the page, to ensure you are seeing what a user will see.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

NetCritter

• Coppermine newbie
    • Shutterbugs.info
Re: Private Album configuration
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2004, 09:17:42 pm »

You're awesome, thanks! I thought I had it set up right, but I know I missed something somewhere. I'll re-create the group and give it another shot.

I just recreated the Category & Album and everything works just as it should now.

Thanks!  ;D
« Last Edit: May 08, 2004, 09:31:00 pm by NetCritter »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 14 queries.