Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: uploading troubles...where to adjust the timeout setting  (Read 6633 times)

cmbmusic

• Coppermine newbie
uploading troubles...where to adjust the timeout setting
« on: July 06, 2009, 10:04:32 pm »

After upgrading to the latest version, I'm still having trouble uploading larger files.  Like 3MB.  I've adjusted all my max file settings...but I'm thinking it may be a timeout issue.  but I can't find a setting to adjust the timeout.  Please advise here I need to go to make this adjustment.

cmbmusic

• Coppermine newbie
Re: uploading troubles...where to adjust the timeout setting
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 12:31:29 am »

thanks...but I've been over both of those links.  I don't see it mention where to adjust the timeout, which is defaulted at 60 seconds....if I recall correctly.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 12:34:33 am »

but I've been over both of those links.
Really? Amazing. Doesn't look like you have read them carefully.

cmbmusic

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 02:15:07 am »

Can you not just answer my question?  Where do I go to adjust the timeout setting?  Is it in the config menu?  Is in in the groups menu?  I'm asking for help, not a link to something I've already read through multiple times.

In the instructions I've read through...it says to adjust the timeout as a possible solution for uploading problems...but it never says where that adjustment can be made....and how to get there.

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 07:15:42 am »

Where do I go to adjust the timeout setting?  Is it in the config menu?  Is in in the groups menu?
In the first link he left (http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#ErrorAllowedMemorySize) in the first Alternative (Alternative 1 (ideal):) in the first paragraph, in the first sentence, what does it says? It says where do you have to apply the changes.

It is frustating for you to get an answer to like the one that you got. As it is frustating for us to get a question as the one you post. We feel as you feel too. :)

Read, read, read, spend some time playing with the issue, and you'll be very welcomed with any problem you have.
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en español
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)

cmbmusic

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 05:05:28 pm »

It's clear that you guys don't understand the concept of support, answering a question, or helping in a community.

Let's say I post asking how to spell contradiction.

...and the only reply I get is a link to http://www.dictionary.com , it does not really offer a great deal of help when the replying user simply had to post the correct spelling which would have answered my question.

Posting a link to a document with the format as the one you posted with such a vast amount of information in one view is not helpful for most users on the forum.  I've read through many posts, and that seems to be the trend.  You refuse to answer the question directly....and continue to post links to other posts or documents.  When 1 single 20 word post with an answer is all that was needed.  There is no need to post and re-post links in an effort to be-little other users that are not as experienced with coppermine.

If you're so pissed off about answering questions on a support forum....then maybe it's time you consider another hobby.

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 06:10:26 pm »

You must be joking,
.....such a vast amount of information in one view is not helpful for most users on the forum

So what you are really saying is that you don't want to bother with reading the Coppermine manual and use the experience of others offering free assistance to an issue that probably is not new.

Did you even make any attempt at making the changes suggested? Or is it easier to resist an answer that you don't want to hear?  Did you read the forum rules about posting? Where is the link to your gallery?  Did you actually look at the link with instructions for upload trouble assistance and realize that it was an offer for assistance?

You refuse to answer the question directly

Why rewrite was has been written before? Would you prefer that someone do your searching and then cut and paste the answer into a reply? Or retype again for you and the next one like you?

Do as suggested by the rules and the replies, otherwise you and your problem will be ignored.

cmbmusic

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 02:57:37 am »

It's not that I'm refusing anything....I simply could not locate a solution to my problem, and I already read through the docs....multiple times......simply asking for help...which is what this forum is for.  Or so I thought.  when I ask for more help...I get slammed and accused of being lazy....or stupid...or what ever.

I participate in several forums for DJ communities, lighting, and software.  In 13 years of doing so, I've never seen such a LACK of desire to help in a community whose purpose IS to help.  I certainly understand when the same question gets asked 100 times.  Sometimes I chime in, and sometimes I don't.  There is always someone in the community to offer help.  But I don't copy and paste a link to the same hand full of threads with so much freakin attitude

I stand by my opinon of your attitudes, and will move on to get HELP from those willing to offer it.

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 06:10:17 am »

Please post your php info to see it and be able to solve your problem.
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en español
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2009, 11:37:54 am »

...but only if the server is yours to configure.

Can you not just answer my question?
No, there is no simple answer to that question.

Where do I go to adjust the timeout setting?
Not in Coopermine. It's not a setting in coppermine, but one level up in the setup of your webserver. That's what the text I have refered to says. It says as well that you should contact your webhost or whoever is in charge of maintaining that webserver.

It's clear that you guys don't understand the concept of support, answering a question, or helping in a community.
It's clear that you haven't understood that concept neither: it's not a bright idea to tell supporters that they are incompetent in your eyes if you still need support. Maybe you should review your attitude first.

It's not our fault if you don't fall into the range of people who are allowed to ask for support here: you need to have read the docs before being allowed to even post here. We don't provide support for everybody in the world, but we decide who we provide support to. If you're not in the scope (i.e. not a member of the intended audience), you're welcome to try using coppermine, but you mustn't insult supporters.

cmbmusic

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2009, 05:33:46 pm »

Thank you for answering my questions Joachim.

It's was very obvious from your attitude that you will only help other users that are as savy in the world of code as you are.  And that's why you resort to posting links and having a fit when you have to go any further.  You feel superior to everyone else cause you know the coppermine program exceptionally well.  Your rules of posting qualifications are ludicrous. If you're here to help...help everyone....otherwise....don't help...or require every user of the program to take a test before they can use coppermine.

Thanks to those who replied to my post with an effort to help me.

I have 3 options:
1 contact my hosting provider and see what can be changed.
2 up my DSL speed here at the house
3 reduce the size of the files I need to upload.

Thanks again.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2009, 06:44:54 pm »

I have 3 options:
1 contact my hosting provider and see what can be changed.
2 up my DSL speed here at the house
3 reduce the size of the files I need to upload.
Only two in the end: increasing DSL speed hardly ever will help. Your webhost probably will refuse to change server settings for economical reasons. That's why I suggest going for option three, the best option by far.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.