Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quick Mysql question please  (Read 2554 times)

cosmiclove

• Coppermine newbie
Quick Mysql question please
« on: July 02, 2009, 01:59:52 am »

Hi everyone.

first time user of Coppermine. I created fake users to test it. And I just noticed that these users I am creating in my Coppermine site are not added to my database MySql. However, under usermode, these users are able to add pics, and do other things the admin (me) allow them to do, but I just can not see any trace of their names and email addresses in Mysql. (I can only do so when logged in as an Admin in Coppermine. ) So I was wondering if Mysql was not responsible for storing this info in its database. Please, tell me if you if you are able to see new users in your Mysql. Thanks!

Herman

Abbas Ali

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • Spread the PHP Web
    • Ranium Systems
Re: Quick Mysql question please
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 09:04:28 am »

Which table in database are you browsing to confirm that the users are created or not?

Coppermine stores all its data in a mysql database and nowhere else (except that files you upload are stored on the disk).
Chief Geek at Ranium Systems

cosmiclove

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 09:43:00 am »

Which table in database are you browsing to confirm that the users are created or not?
Coppermine stores all its data in a mysql database and nowhere else (except that files you upload are stored on the disk).

The table I looked at is cpg_users. It only shows my name (the first name I created as the admin) and another I manually inserted myself in the Mysql. Except from that, every single users I have created and activated from my personal email accounts did not show up. I thought at some point that my database was acting strange, so I tested it again by sending an ecard. It recorded it correctly in Mysql under my name (admin) along with the email address of both the sender and the recipient. Again, all the fake users I have created are able to function correctly, upload pics, but I just can't see their names in my database.  :-[
Any idea why? thanks again for taking your time to reply.

Herman

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 12:54:18 pm »

Did you bridge your gallery?

cosmiclove

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 05:33:44 pm »

Hi, Nibbler, No, I didn't.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 07:51:21 am »

Posting a link to your gallery might help for a start and is mandatory in terms of respecting boards rules.

However, under usermode
Never leave admin mode. Read up the docs what the admin mode / user mode toggle is meant to be used for.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.