Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BrainFeeder RSS plugin for Coppermine 1.5  (Read 73161 times)

halnat

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
BrainFeeder RSS plugin for Coppermine 1.5
« on: December 06, 2009, 05:01:02 pm »

BrainFeeder for Cpg 1.5x provides a simple user interface that lets you configure your feeds without any knowledge of PHP or the technical aspects of RSS feeds and Coppermine. Test it before using it on your live site.

BrainFeeder for Cpg lets you easily configure most of the attributes of the feeds so that you can create titles and description as you need them to be without you having to modify any code.

You can set up a number of different feeds that send pictures to your subscribers based on various criteria, such as:
    * Keyword
    * Category including child categories
    * Album
    * Latest pictures
    * Most viewed pictures
    * The most highly rated pictures
    * Random pictures selected based on any of the criteria above
    * Meta data from coppermine and Exif can be dynamically added to the picture caption in the feed

If you want, you can also make BrainFeeder publish individual pictures from restricted albums. This is a handy feature if you need to protect most pictures in an album, but still want to publish some of them. Users need to login in order to click through from the feed.

BrainFeeder can be run in two ways:
    * In realtime mode: The feed is generated each time it is called.
    * In batch mode: BrainFeeder generates a static RSS file that is downloaded by subscribers.

More info here: http://www.natvik.com/bfdoc/brainfeeder_doc.html

UPDATE
Version 1.0 - Initial version for cpg1.5. Offers same functionality and bugfixes as version 1.1 for cpg 1.4

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: BrainFeeder RSS plugin for Coppermine 1.5
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 08:39:13 pm »

Thanks for your contribution. I have added your plugin to the plugin page and the download section.
I really appreciate your contribution and plugin a lot, but I'm not very fond of the fact that your install instructions make it mandatory to copy a file into the gallery root. That's against the idea of the plugin architecture and not needed at all: leave that file within your plugin's folder and access it as if it resided in the root. Please take a look at the similar discussion in some of the other announcement threads for cpg1.5.x plugin ports.

halnat

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 02:21:27 pm »

I can see that keeping files in the root is a bit unwelcome. However, it is this file that the subscriber calls to retrieve the feed - so seen from the subscriber, coppermine is not being run.  Keeping it in the root makes a (relatively) userfriendly path to the feed - that's why this solution was chosen.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 09:45:37 pm »

Who cares for a user-friendly path? What's the use of a friendly URL for a RSS feed? Do you memorize them? I never do. Anyway, it's your choice...

paquets

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 02:51:12 pm »

Hi,

I really like the brainfeeder plugin but there seems to be a conflict with other plugins. Namely "Custom thumbnails" and "Replace file". I get the following:
Critical error
There was an error while processing a database query

And when in debug mode I get:
While executing query 'SELECT fid, feed_mode, file_name FROM  WHERE fid=1' in plugins/brainfeeder/codebase.php on line 378

mySQL error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE fid=1' at line 1

Any idea what may cause this?

paquets

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 03:14:44 pm »

Forgot to post my gallery link. Here it is... adpharm.net

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 03:35:49 pm »

Are you sure those two other plugins causes the error?

Have you tried XFeed?

paquets

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 03:39:35 pm »

I have and it doesn't work at all in my gallery. Do you think it's better and worth switching to it and figuring out what is the problem with it? When I was still on 1.4, I was using easyRSS which was working great but there's no update for 1.5...

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 03:42:38 pm »

XFeed works without problems in my gallery and I have installed a lot of plugins. But it's your choice which plugin you want to use. Your current issue description is insufficient, as you haven't described where/when the error occurs.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2010, 03:45:25 pm »

I just installed the plugin on my testbed and don't know where the error should occur.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 03:54:30 pm by Αndré »

paquets

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2010, 04:01:59 pm »

Thank you for looking at this André. I've made the change suggested and I still get the same error. I've also checked the other files from the plugin and brainfeeder_config.php also had the "$CONFIG[TABLE_brainfeeder]", which I changed. No luck there either.

The error I got happens when I'm logged in as admin and click under the image to create a custom thumbnail or to replace a file.
I will look into xfeed but I remember that it did not show the thumbnails at all in the feed and also it prints all the bbcode, which I use quite a bit in the gallery.

I'll probably post on the xfeed plugin forum later. I'm thinking of making the switch because there are other issues with brainfeed that may warrant it.

Anyway, thanks again!

dima1980

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2011, 05:50:45 pm »

Hi.

Tell me what the problem. After installing BrainFeeder RSS plugin for Coppermine 1.5, plugin stopped working
Custom Thumbnail for cpg1.5.x (version 1.7).
When trying to manually Thumbnail writes an error:
While executing query 'SELECT fid, feed_mode, file_name FROM WHERE fid = 3'in plugins / brainfeeder / codebase.php on line 378

mySQL error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE fid = 3'at line 1

/ include / functions.inc.php - Line: 270
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.