Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: After server move: not getting admin registration emails  (Read 18413 times)

fivecolours

• Coppermine novice
After server move: not getting admin registration emails
« on: June 21, 2009, 06:32:16 pm »

I have recently had my website transfered over to a new host. Everything works fine when you're logged into the gallery. I'm using version 1.4.9 and I do not want to upgrade, I know this isn't the problem because everything worked fine before my move.

The problem is: when people register in my gallery I have to activate their account via email. I have had a bunch of people registering since my move, which was 2 days ago, and I haven't gotten any emails asking to activate their accounts. I even registered 2 test accounts and got nothing. Someone registered with my gallery RIGHT before my move and when I went to approve their account it said that couldn't be performed. I figured because when my gallery was backed up they hadn't created the account yet, and that's the version that was uploaded at my new server.

My host says they can't fix it, so I am coming here to see if anyone here knows what the issue may be. Thanks.

My gallery: http://www.drakecentral.org/gallery

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: After server move: not getting admin registration emails
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 06:51:59 pm »

I'm using version 1.4.9 and I do not want to upgrade

If that is the case we cannot help you. You are a long way behind and a lot of work has gone into fixing the security issues that led to you getting hacked in the first place. Your unwillingness to upgrade (which is very easy) is leaving you open to being attacked again and probably on a regular basis. We could spend a lot of time trying to help you fix a problem only for you to get hacked afterwards making our efforts a complete waste.

Take a look at the following and if you decide to upgrade and still get problems come back and we will be glad to help.

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upgrade_why
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

fivecolours

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 06:54:46 pm »

The only reason I say I don't want to upgrade, is because I am afraid I would do something small and wrong in the process to mess it up. I have over 9,000 images and don't want to lose them. I have been told I can back them up before upgrading, but I'm not sure how to do that. I'm a bit clueless when it comes to coppermine.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 07:51:29 pm »

So what? Did you read the upgrade instructions? You need to perform a backup before you upgrade anyway, so what are you afraid of? Anyway, we will not help you: there is a reason why we release maintenance releases - they fix things that didn't work in previous versions. We will not look into issues that may be related to your reluctance to upgrade, as that would be a waste of time.

fivecolours

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 10:04:56 pm »

I understand that you won't help me, I can read. And I just said I wouldn't upgrade because I'm not sure how to do a backup. I'll figure it out. Thanks.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 10:07:29 pm »

To Backup, simply copy your entire site via ftp to your desktop and then your database using phpmyadmin or whatever tool your host provides.

fivecolours

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 01:28:37 am »

I have upgraded my account to version 20 (from version 9), since my Fantastico allowed me to upgrade right from inside my cpanel. I tried registering a test username again and still, no email. Should I try to go to version 24 or will I still have this issue?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 03:44:57 am »

You are really not going to like wha I am going to say here but for various reasons which I will not go into again we cannot support Fantastico installs. (please search the board to find out why).

Yes, you will need to go to 1.4.24 and to do that you will need to use the methos outlined in the docs.

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upgrade

It is very simple and should take you less than half an hour. Do it that way and then we can look into your problems.

If you wish to use Fantastico then ask your host for support as we cannot know what code changes they make.

Sorry to sound so negative, but once you have read the reasons you will see why.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 07:38:15 am »

You trust the buggy Fantastico installer/upgrader and just let it run without a backup, but you're afraid to perform thing as simple as a FTP backup? Not very bright.
You said in your initial posting that you siwtched hosts and moved your site. I wonder how you did that without a backup...
This discussion is leading nowhere. Read the docs before doing anything else. If you don't want to, hire someone to read them for you. We're not ready to argue about that.

fivecolours

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 05:49:47 pm »

Okay, I apologize for not wanting to upgrade before. I have 2 coppermine galleries on my website, and they both are having the registration issues. I have upgraded my other coppermine gallery to .24 (not the one I listed in the original post) and I still am not getting registration emails. I have checked my junk folder and checked with my host and he says all emails are going through fine, even though I am not getting them.

I have also made it so when people register THEY get the activation email and proceede to register a test account with another email and I didn't get it there either. What would be my next step in fixing this so when people register I get their activation emails?

http://drakecentral.org/icons

Nibbler

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2009, 05:57:29 pm »

I just signed up and got an email so I don't think there's anything wrong with Coppermine. It might help to use an email account from your own domain name rather than hotmail.

fivecolours

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2009, 07:55:47 pm »

Thank you, I have made an email on my domain and everything works fine on the /icons coppermine.

I have now upgraded http://drakecentral.org/gallery and changed the email to my new domain email, and still, nothing seems to be coming through. Everything after the upgrade seems to be fine, according to the "check versions".

fivecolours

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2009, 07:56:52 pm »

Emails were extremely delayed and seem to be working fine. Thank you for all of your help.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2009, 07:59:45 pm »

Could you please mark your thread as solved?

fivecolours

• Coppermine novice
Not getting admin approval emails after registration
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2009, 08:21:53 pm »

Hello, I was here last week asking about this same issue. I thought it was fixed, but all of a sudden it seems to be not working again.

I have recently upgraded my coppermine gallery to the latest version and would like to have it so when people register, I have to approve them. I had it set to where they have to approve themselves, but I would like to do this. I have switched it over to 'admin approval' and I am not getting emails to do so, although people are signing up. My email is on my domain, not hotmail (for example). What seems to be wrong? Thanks.

http://www.drakecentral.org/gallery

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2009, 10:42:24 am »

Merged new thread with existing thread.

fivecolours

• Coppermine novice
Re: Not getting admin approval emails after registration
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2009, 05:26:18 pm »

Hello, I was here last week asking about this same issue. I thought it was fixed, but all of a sudden it seems to be not working again.

I have recently upgraded my coppermine gallery to the latest version and would like to have it so when people register, I have to approve them. I had it set to where they have to approve themselves, but I would like to do this. I have switched it over to 'admin approval' and I am not getting emails to do so, although people are signing up. My email is on my domain, not hotmail (for example). What seems to be wrong? Thanks.

http://www.drakecentral.org/gallery

Been a while. Anyone have any idea whats wrong?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2009, 05:46:19 pm »

Have you done everything outlined here?

Do ecards work?

fivecolours

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2009, 06:19:51 pm »

I have done everything listed. I haven't changed much from when it used to send emails fine to me. Ever since I changed servers though, it just hasn't been happening.

I have e-cards disabled.

fivecolours

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2009, 04:43:45 pm »

I just now noticed I had posted this in the wrong category, maybe thats why I haven't gotten any help in a while?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 21 queries.