Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: my cp gallery  (Read 4817 times)

ha1fpint

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: my cp gallery
« on: June 18, 2009, 12:17:41 pm »

i just switched to a new host and cant get my gallery up. it is on the database but i cant find how to get it back up and running any help will be greatly appreciated. i have had the gallery for a years now and dont want to lose it. i get this message when i click on the gallery button on my site menu

Coppermine critical error:
Unable to connect to database !

MySQL said: Access denied for user 'viccwic1_cinqsei'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
this isnt who is supposed to have access anymore. it shud be my details. please help i have tried everything for about 6 hrs now with no luck.

high regards
halfpint

my previous host
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 08:10:12 pm by Joachim Müller »

Nibbler

Re: my cp gallery
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 12:30:50 pm »

Edit include/config.inc.php with the new details.

ha1fpint

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 12:34:13 pm »

i cant even get into the gallery. how do i change that in the files in my database as i am very new at this. i dont even know which file it is. i have never done the backend of a site b4. can anyone help and have a look?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 12:41:01 pm »

That file doesn't reside in the database, but on file system level. You access it the same way you access your other files. The same way you moved your files from one server to the other. Usually per FTP. If you don't have FTP access to your gallery webspace, then you're lost anyway. Do as suggested per board rules and post a link to your gallery for a start if you want details which file to edit.
Nibbler already told you were that file resides: within the folder your coppermine install resides in, inside the sub-folder "includes" there is a file named config.inc.php that you need to download from your server to your pc using your FTP app. Then edit that file using a plain text editor (notepad.exe is fine). After that, upload the edited file, overwriting the one on the server. If you have no idea what to edit, then ask your new webhost for support - we can't tell you your mysql data.
Not very surprisingly this has been asked and answered a thousand times over, so you could have found that piece of information as well if you would have searched first without dropping your thread in a board that deals with something different (your thread was moved accordingly). Being new is not an excuse for being lazy.

ha1fpint

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 01:21:26 pm »

sorry i wasnt being lazy, didnt mean to post in wrong section i will be careful in future.  i having trouble finding my way around. my host said that i need the coppermine database dump where can i find that as it holds the  missing file that disappeared when moved to new host. cheers. i have all the albums, files etc in my back end how can i restore it if i dont have the missing file.

thank you

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 02:44:28 pm »

Your webhost is right: to move to your new webhost you'll need the database dump from your old server as well. However, that's not related to the error message you get, nor to the file you need to edit. That file contains the information that the application is using to connect to the database. That peice of informtion can of course not be stored inside the database - you can't keep your car keys inside your car while you're not inside the car. You need to carry them with you.
Look: there are many postings that explain how to move from one server to the other, with all the in-between steps explained in detail. Why don'tz you google for them? And is there any particular reason for not doing as I suggested:
Do as suggested per board rules and post a link to your gallery for a start
Instead, you post excuses. That won't lead you anywhere.

ha1fpint

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 02:54:27 pm »

it is now sorted thank you
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.