Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving Gallery Domain On Same Host  (Read 4087 times)

WebGhost

• Coppermine newbie
Moving Gallery Domain On Same Host
« on: June 18, 2009, 04:13:09 am »

I am running my gallery very well but wanna move it from one domain to another domain and will remain on same host.
Currently my gallery is
www.smilepk.com/wallpapers
and now i wanna move to
www.smilepk.us/wallpapers

what i want is when anyone open smilepk.com/wallpapers it should be transfered to smilepk.us/wallpapers and i dont wanna move my gallery to any others host i just want that my current gallery remain active but on new domain.

I am sorry as there are many threads on same topic but i have searched and all topics are on moving hosting and domain while i just wanna transfer my gallery domain so i post this topic here.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Moving Gallery Domain On Same Host
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 09:04:36 am »

Moving on the same server is dead easy - you just transfer the files using whatever file management tool is available for you on your server. Alternatively, use FTP to move the files. Only actual step where coppermine is involved is that after the move you have to log in as admin, go to coppermine's config and reflect the changed URL there.

what i want is when anyone open smilepk.com/wallpapers it should be transfered to smilepk.us/wallpapers and i dont wanna move my gallery to any others host i just want that my current gallery remain active but on new domain.
That's even easier and could be accomplished using some nifty URL rewriting - ask your webhost about it.

As far as Coppermine is concerned, the records inside the database are not absolute ones, but relative. As long as you move the entire coppermine folder including all of it's content, there's nothing that can go wrong. Just make sure that you don't clutter the nesting of folders within coppermine.

Not related at all though to bridging, so you shouldn't have posted this question on the bridging sub-board. Moving your thread accordingly. If you're curious and what to find out what bridging is (according to the terms that we use), read up the corresponding section of the docs that ship with coppermine (link available at the top of this screen as well).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.