Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: External edit (Fotoflexer) for cpg1.5.x  (Read 36376 times)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
External edit (Fotoflexer) for cpg1.5.x
« on: June 17, 2009, 06:28:50 pm »

This plugin allows you to edit the images in your gallery using the Flash-driven external online image editor from Fotoflexer.com

After installing the plugin (using the plugin manager as suggested in the documentation that comes with coppermine), you will notice an extra button on the intermediate image display screen, right next to the buttons that enable you to crop & and rotate, edit file information and delete the file. The button is labelled "Edit file in Fotoflexer" and will show up for the admin and for the registered user if the user has got permissions to edit the file, i.e. if he's browsing an image that he/she uploaded. The button will only be displayed beneath files that the online image editor Fotoflexer is capable of editing.
After clicking on the button your image will be sent to the advanced web 2.0 image editor on the site of Fotoflexer.com, where you can perform all kinds of edits. When clicking the save-button there, the edited image will be sent back to your site, where some authentification checks are being performed and the file is being saved, overwriting the one on your server (without further prompts, so make sure you know what you're doing).
Right now, this plugin is experimental - there have been no tests performed how it performs and there are certainly bugs in it - use at your own risk.

Originally, I was trying to use the new API provided by http://aviary.com, but that turned out not to work yet, so I went for the API from fotoflexer.com. Please understand that I'm not affiliated with Fotoflexer and that I have no control over their services. Things may or may not work as expected. This plugin comes with absolutely no warranties.
Fotoflexer currently display a banner on the editor screen, so if that bothers you, you should not use the plugin. If you have privacy concerns, read the legal stuff on fotoflexer's home page (http://fotoflexer.com/).

There is still much room for improvements in this plugin, and I would love to hear your feedback, but please understand that there is no guarantee that I will be able to implement a particular feature. What I'm interessted in most is the security-related stuff (thhe token creation and token checking using a sort-of database driven session) - I'd love to hear feedback and code review from coders. Thanks in advance.

Download: http://sourceforge.net/projects/coppermine/files/Plugins/1.5.x/cpg1.5.x_plugin_external-edit_v2.5.zip/download
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 10:05:29 am by François Keller »

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: External edit (Fotoflexer) for cpg1.5.x
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 10:10:22 pm »

Fantastic idea. I will carry on using Photoshop at home but when away on my company laptop or for users that have no image editing software this could be really good. I'm going to give it a good go tonight.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 08:24:08 am »

Phill, thanks for your readiness to review.
The version I had released initially (v2.2) contained a bug that sent improper data to fotoflexer, leading to an error message there. This bug is fixed in v2.3. I have updated the attachment in my initial posting.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 08:57:00 am by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 09:47:25 am »

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 11:33:55 am »

I fixed a little icon display bug in r6184.

autephex

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010, 08:00:09 pm »

This appears to be hardcoded to only work with a specific URL/image..

codebase.php has the following line in it:
urlencode('http://osterburken.net/galerie/albums/konzert/05/just_rock/gg02.jpg');

and this is the only image that displays when using the external editor.. any chance of getting this fixed? or any suggestions on what to change in the code?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 02:02:22 pm »

Autephex, please have a look at the code:
Code: [Select]
        //$data['menu'] .= '?ff_image_url=' . urlencode($CONFIG['site_url'].$CONFIG['fullpath'].$data['filepath'].$data['filename']);
        $data['menu'] .= '?ff_image_url=' . urlencode('http://osterburken.net/galerie/albums/konzert/05/just_rock/gg02.jpg'); // Comment out the line above and uncomment this line for testing purposes

Seems that somebody accidentally commented out the wrong line. Just replace those two lines with
Code: [Select]
        $data['menu'] .= '?ff_image_url=' . urlencode($CONFIG['site_url'].$CONFIG['fullpath'].$data['filepath'].$data['filename']);
        //$data['menu'] .= '?ff_image_url=' . urlencode('http://osterburken.net/galerie/albums/konzert/05/just_rock/gg02.jpg'); // Comment out the line above and uncomment this line for testing purposes
and everything should work fine.

Davide Renda

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "Lontano"
    • www.daviderenda.eu
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 03:49:22 pm »

As said earlier one, absolutely necessary when not at my own home pc (often...)
Attached my italian translation, as usual unzip and copy in /LANG directory.
Thanks!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2010, 05:18:37 pm »

Thank you for your contribution. Both the fix for the issue with the hard-coded test string as well as your language file has gone into the subversion repository and into v2.5 of the plugin (download link in initial posting). Thanks to all.

François Keller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka Frantz
    • Ma galerie
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 10:03:58 am »

French translation (by FBleu) added in the v2.5 in the intitial post
Avez vous lu la DOC ? la FAQ ? et cherché sur le forum avant de poster ?
Did you read the DOC ? the FAQ ? and search the board before posting ?
Mon Blog

ninoo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, 11:58:01 pm »

Hello
fantastic this implementation.
Just one question: I would like to expand the window that opens with "External edit"
with certain resolutions not all icons can be seen completely.

Can you help? thanks

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.