Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Coppermine top tips  (Read 4448 times)

webdesigner09

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Coppermine top tips
« on: June 16, 2009, 03:11:51 am »

Is there any limitations to the amount of images you can have posted? Also what is the largest amount use so far. Would this work on a large community site. We are Web Design  http://www.dallasprowebdesigners.com/  company and have aclient that want to do some huge gallery stuff and we are trying to find an application that will facilitate this.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 10:30:39 am by Phill Luckhurst »

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 08:44:13 am »

Take care of where you post your question and also keep in mind we have 1 question per thread policy that you agreed upon when registering at this forum.

The amount of images can be as large as you like, search a little and you wil find galleries with thousands of images.
Coppermine can easily facilitate what you need. There is not a largest amount of pictures top 10 list but i myself have run one gallery containing 10.500 pictures so it is no problem.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 08:45:02 am »

You have now asked this same question in 3 innapropriate threads. I am not sure if this is an attempt to pimp your site or you are just not bothering to read the rules.

I will remove your link from all 3 posts. Please read the rules you agreed to when signing up and abide by them.

Your other posts.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,60138.msg297487.html#msg297487

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,51449.msg297485.html#msg297485
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 08:55:12 am »

Looks like Mr. Webdesigner (what a "clever" nick name ::)) tries to promote his services by just dumping a link on a page that has got a high page rank in Google. User is under close observation. Next tiny misbehaviour will result in ban.

@Phill: could you restore the reference to the site he tried to promote (without making it a clickable link - just spoil the auto-link feature by adding some opening/closing bold tags in the domain part of the url) so we can eventually add the domain to the stopword list. If it's not a throw-away domain, the desired effect may turn into the opposite, as the reference to his site contains the bashing here in this thread...  :-X
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 09:23:40 am by Joachim Müller »

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 10:31:21 am »

@Phill: could you restore the reference to the site he tried to promote (without making it a clickable link - just spoil the auto-link feature by adding some opening/closing bold tags in the domain part of the url) so we can eventually add the domain to the stopword list. If it's not a throw-away domain, the desired effect may turn into the opposite, as the reference to his site contains the bashing here in this thread...  :-X

Done
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.