Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photo Shop allowing users to register  (Read 4830 times)

Kateriine

• Coppermine newbie
Photo Shop allowing users to register
« on: June 12, 2009, 05:37:22 pm »

Hello,

I'm having some problems with Photo Shop Plugin: is it possible to configure it only to send me and the user an email of order confirmation?

My other problem is this: I don't want users having the possibility to register, so I disallowed it in Coppermine; but Photo Shop still allows it. Does anybody have a solution for me?

Many thanks

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Photo Shop allowing users to register
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 04:12:02 pm »

That's the way it is working. If someone orders, the shop needs infoemation of the customer. Hence registering. If you do not like the nameing 'to register' then why not change this in the language file.

The customer's sent an order confirmation email (after registering the shop knows the users email addy, that's why it works). Also the admin's getting sent one. If it doesn't work for you search the board and read the documentation. That's usually not a plugin problem but your emailing setup (coppermine config - server).

Kateriine

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 04:30:58 pm »

Hello,

Many thanks for answering! I deleted the table for registering and replaced it by a link to my mail for people who want a username, and it's ok for me. Great plugin!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 02:04:39 pm »

That's silly imo. Enable registration and turn admin approval on - this will have the desired effect as well, but won't look that unprofessional.

Kateriine

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 08:03:58 pm »

Hello Joachim,

No need to tell me I'm silly, I'm just a newbie (and every newbie seems silly...) :)
But I think Photo Shop doesn't refer to the admin approval when a user registers from Photo Shop, as it doesn't refers to registering enabled or not. Don't you?

(And sorry if my english is bad, that's not my mother tongue)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.