Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can not upload files  (Read 8630 times)

Bolivar

• Coppermine novice
Can not upload files
« on: June 03, 2009, 11:47:47 pm »

I was unable to upload files either through the batch upload or even a single file through the normal route.  That prompted me to upgrade to the new version and that isn't working (I started a thread in the upgrade section).  While waiting to get the upgrade installed I decided to create a separate, fresh install.  I created a new sql database and a new folder where I put the new install.

It installed fine and I can get into it and navigate in it just fine, but still I can not upload files.  If I try the normal route I select the file and then click "Continue" and I go to the next screen where it says "0 uploads were successful".  I even tried this on a very small file to see if that made a difference.  It didn't.

When I try to batch upload, I upload the files, go to the batch upload and select the files and the album.  On the right where the thumbnails should be there is a red X.  When I click "Insert selected files" I go the next screen.  Where the icon indicating what happened should be there is a red x and the album is still empty.  (When I forget to select an album I do get the appropriate message rather than the red x).

Any suggestions?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Bolivar

• Coppermine novice
Re: Can not upload files
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 01:26:13 am »

I just read that and I can't find anything that seems to apply.  I set up an account:

User test
Password test

www.bvnsp.com/pictures

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 02:14:20 am »

Can you check to see if new albums (and the directory) are set and maintained at permission level 777?
It does seem to create a new album OK, but I got the 0 files uploaded too.
Also, does the Albums directory have the same structure/directories as the what is in the original Coppermine .zip?

Bolivar

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 04:31:00 am »

The file structure is the same except I added one directory where I FTPed a bunch of photos in an effort to batch upload that didn't work.  Albums and all the subdirectories were 755, they are all now 777 and still do not work.

Bolivar

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 05:27:59 am »

I don't know if this helps you troubleshoot or not, but I have another album on this same site and I just tested it and it works just fine.  I run the site for an organization I belong to.  There is some public web pages, then a section that is for members only.  This area is basically punbb and a coppermine gallery.  They are bridged and in a subdirectories.

Then I have another gallery that is just for me where I put family photos to share with family.  I am the only user of this gallery.  It has its own database and is in its own subfolder.

All worked fine though I haven't used it for a while.  I tried to upload a file yesterday and it didn't work, I got the same behavior I am getting now.  The gallery was 1.3.x and I figured I wouldn't get any support for that here so I upgraded it to 1.4.x.  That doesn't work at all now and I have a thread going in the upgrade area to try to fix that.  In the mean time I decided to do a fresh install in yet another database and another directory.  That is this one that works a bit, you just can't upload files.

So to recap:

Coppermine Gallery for my organization, 1.3.x -- working fine

Coppermine Gallery for me, was 1.3.x, but wouln't allow uploads so I upgraded to 1.4.x -- doesn't work at all, displays fatal error

New install of Coppermine Gallery for me 1.4.x -- can't upload files, this is the one we are discussing here and that you looked at here.

Again I don't know if that helps in any way, but to my uneducated mind it says that it isn't something my web host did or it would have broken the other gallery too.  But, I fully admit to being less than a novice so that might not be right.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 06:41:45 am »

I just read that and I can't find anything that seems to apply.  I set up an account:

User test
Password test

www.bvnsp.com/pictures

Please read it again. Everything in there does apply to you, such as enabling debug and setting up single file uploads as outlined in that section.

num_file_upload`  '5'
num_URI_upload` '3'

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 11:20:43 am »

...and start your threads on the proper sub-board in the future. This is not related to initial install. Moving thread accordingly.

Bolivar

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 03:39:48 pm »

I know you didn't change that link, and when I go back to it now I see things I didn't see before.  When I went to it the first time I started reading at 4.11.5 which is what I did and then read 4.11.6 which is what I was saying didn't apply -- non of those errors are what is happening.
I would have sworn that the link took me to 4.11.5, but I know that can't be true as you wouldn't have changed it.  I'll do that other stuff and let you know what happens.

As far as bebug, I was going to turn it on, but I thought I read in the rules not to turn it on unless explicidly asked to do so.  I guess another example of poor reading on my part.

Finally, as far as which sub-board.  I installed the Coppermine and it didn't work.  I saw the upload area and thought to myself, "OK it won't upload so it could go there, but I just installed it and it doesn't work so it is likely a problem with the install."  I guess I didn't choose wisely.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 04:17:40 pm »

You still haven't done as suggested. Number of file upload fields still is set to 5 (should be 1). Number of URI upload fields is still set to 3 (should be 0). Debug_mode is still off. What's the use of you last posting?

Bolivar

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 05:57:33 pm »

The use of the last post was to acknowledge your instructions that I have work to do and to let you know I would post when I have done it and to apologize for any boneheaded errors on my part.

I read your post in the one minute I had before going out the door to work.  I am now at my office and working through the steps.  It still doesn't work, but I trying to follow the directions by searching through the documents and support board for the error message I am getting (not that it makes a lot of sense to me, but I am trying).

Bolivar

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2009, 02:05:12 am »

Grasping as straws as to what to do to fix this, I tried the change to include/init.inc.php suggested in this thread: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,59987.0.html

I can now upload files, just not large files.  I have been successful with http and batch uploads on a file that is 1.18 megs, but not a file that is 1.30 or any larger.  When I try larger files using the batch upload it just doesn't work and when I try it with HTTP I get "Error 500: Internal Server Error".

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 03:06:20 am »

Then speak to your host as it is a hosting issue. Coppermine is working but something on your hosting is limiting the size of files you are able to upload.

Read through the suggestions on this thread and it might give you some idea what is going on

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,24088.0.html

Bolivar

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2009, 04:39:56 am »

That link gave a lot of information about Coppermine settings, but and it could be here but in my ignorance I don't see it, the article seems not to have settings or issues the host might have.

If I were to talk to my host, any suggestions as to what I would be discussing?  Or just pointing out which of the items in that article are issues with the host would be a huge help if that were possible.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2009, 01:01:45 pm »

They are not coppermine settings, they are PHP settings, that's why I wrote
Please keep in mind that HTTP uploads are limited by the restrictions placed upon them in PHP's configuration.

Try the preliminary docs for cpg1.5.x, maybe you understand that better: http://coppermine.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/coppermine/trunk/cpg1.5.x/docs/en/upload_troubleshooting.htm#upload_trouble_server-sided_restrictions

Bolivar

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 09:29:14 pm »

Yes, that was very helpful, thank you.  I will reread the previous link with this in mind, determine the settings my webhost has and see if I can work out the issue.  I'll come back if I have more questions, but for now I have a direction to proceed to figure this out.  Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.