Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine install moving from Joomla 1 to Joomla 1.5  (Read 3898 times)

itgl72

• Coppermine newbie
Coppermine install moving from Joomla 1 to Joomla 1.5
« on: June 09, 2009, 05:23:47 pm »

I'm working on a project that is near complete in upgrading a community's website from joomla 1.x to joomla 1.5.x.

Something I put off till the end was this existing COPPERMINE version 1.4.18 that is bridged to the joomla 1.0.x install.

I've just started reading up on Coppermine and it seems it will live fine by itself but I'll want to re-establish what ever bridge currently exists with the current joomla users. All existing users info is being migrated to the new website.

Looking for some insight from those that have experienced what I am going to want to do here. The Coppermine install already has albums and pictures in it and I would like to retain those and all pertinent info.

When I go to the ADMIN panel I see a screen that says it will RESET the bridge if I enter the username and password for the admin user account. I ASSUME I WILL HAVE TO DO THIS ONCE THE NEW WEBSITE IS IN?

I'm looking for some direction in how to reintegrate a bridge with the new joomla 1.5.x website, and retain the existing albums/pictures to their existing users.

In the docs under bridging I see "choose application to bridge coppermine with" does not list joomla so this may confuse me a bit on how this was originally bridged.

Any help greatly appreciated, till then I will continue reading...

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Coppermine install moving from Joomla 1 to Joomla 1.5
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 05:33:33 pm »

The bridge you are on about is probably one not from this site, but from a third party listed in the extensions section on the Joomla site.

If you just use his latest bridge you should be fine (I have done this myself recently).

Unfortunately, we cannot provide support for you on this as it is not really related to coppermine, but to the joomla side and to a third party bridge. The copperime side should be fine but you need to go and upgrade it right this instant as there are some security issues that are actively being exploited.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

itgl72

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Coppermine install moving from Joomla 1 to Joomla 1.5
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 05:40:49 pm »

I'll look into the upgrading. Thanks for the heads up.

This was someone elses install I took over. I do not know what bridge was used. Can you recommend a good bridge to look at, and further since you have done it, did you retain the existing user to albums/pics info when you upgraded CPG with the latest JOOMLA?

Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.