Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: failure to connect to mysql database  (Read 3197 times)

achintya

• Coppermine newbie
failure to connect to mysql database
« on: May 06, 2004, 03:45:08 pm »

Hi

There are quite a few posts here to do with a sudden 'failure to connect to MYQL database' messages and some speculation about why this occurs, ranging from problems with the server to problems with the software.

I have to report that I received exactly this message for a while this morning and it was, indeed, a server MYSQL database problem, which was humbly fixed by the host company and now everything is running again.

There was some speculation about whether a host would actually admit it was there problem, and glad to say my host, a wonderful company I don't mind advertising called Sibername.com. who operate in Canada, were big enough to say it was there problem.  I also have to say that they have the most competent and willing IT support desk I have ever come across in 15 years of trying out various host companies across the world.  And they charge £55 pa for hosting!

Anyway... just in case anyone has the same error message.  Get the MYSQL server tested!

bye for now

achintya

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: failure to connect to mysql database
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2004, 03:51:39 pm »

Hi,

We have a thread for advising other users of decent webhosts, here,  http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=6021.0

Would you care to give a link on that thread to your hosts, ;)

Cheers
« Last Edit: May 07, 2004, 08:42:47 am by GauGau »
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

achintya

• Coppermine newbie
Re: failure to connect to mysql database
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2004, 03:56:20 pm »

sure... very useful.  Will do.

ac
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 18 queries.