Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uploading and editing images are having problems  (Read 3462 times)

richard090

• Coppermine newbie
Uploading and editing images are having problems
« on: June 04, 2009, 08:35:27 pm »

Some peolple are having problems uploading images to their albums. They are getting upload successful but the image fails to show up in the album. When I edit a thumbnail I have noticed the no_FTP-uploads_into_this_folder! file disappears from the edit folder. This is also happening when people download images to their albums. The permisions are 777. I have upgraded to cg1.4.24 but the problew has persisted. Any ideas?

http://www.ga2c.org/MaximumEntropygallery/index.php?cat=1

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Uploading and editing images are having problems
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 08:03:49 am »

That's a nice site you have there - I like your content. Anyway, the issues you have (or rather: your users) are hard to track if you can't provide an example. If a users contacts you and tells you that he had the issues you report, make him send you the pic he tried to upload by email. Then try for yourself. If you get the same results, post a non-admin test user account here and let us have the sample pics that trigger the problems.
Without actually seeing what went wrong my initial suspicion would be an error on the side of those users: they probably uploaded the pics alright, but didn't perform the second, mandatory step where you populate the title and description and (and that's the vital part) assign an album for your upload. If you don't assign an album for your uploaded file, the record won't be added to the database, the image will remain inside the edit folder for a while and then get deleted by the garbage collection.

When I edit a thumbnail I have noticed the no_FTP-uploads_into_this_folder! file disappears from the edit folder. This is also happening when people download images to their albums.
That's expected behaviour - the edit folder is only temporary. The garbage collection routine deletes the contents of that folder from time to time. Not related to your issues (images not showing after a successfull upload) unless the upload wasn't that successfull (see above).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.