Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Private Albums Revisited  (Read 4377 times)

GJC

• Coppermine newbie
    • CamRecorded
Private Albums Revisited
« on: June 03, 2009, 02:25:49 pm »

::) Sorry very new to this site and coppermine but I love it. I have read and become confused regarding what to do to ensure that all albums are defaulted to ME only. Can some kind person please tell me which script to edit and which line and the syntax to use. Thank you in advance.

GJC

p.s I have only opened this up as a new topic because this system told me to ... see I am a good boy.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Private Albums Revisited
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 02:40:02 pm »

see I am a good boy.
No, you're not: you failed to post a link to your site although that's mandatory according to board rules (you agreed to respect them when signing up). You agreed to search first before asking questions, which you failed to do as well obviously - searching for "me only default" returns valid results. Anyway, best result is the thread User albums private by default. In my personal opinion that setup is very bad though, users will not realize that they have to change that parameter.

GJC

• Coppermine newbie
    • CamRecorded
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 03:44:14 pm »

:'( Ok maybe I am not that good but the website I am looking to have is not complete, plus I have some sensitive business reasons not to release it yet. I hope that the board will understand. The thread that you have pointed me to I have read already and it is very unclear to me as to exactly what to do to set things up as I wish. Users will be informed by other methods what to do if they wish others to see any particular album. So may I ask again for some kind sole to point me to the correct file (my install does not have the file named in the thread), and statement plus letting me know what the statement should be changed to. Hoping that this makes sense. Kind Regards, Gary

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 05:46:34 pm »

The thread that you have pointed me to I have read already
Then why didn't you say so in your initial posting? You're wasting our time!

and it is very unclear to me as to exactly what to do to set things up as I wish.
What exactly do you not understand.

my install does not have the file named in the thread
That's why we need the link to your gallery no matter how preliminary it may be. However, I don't think that you have coppermine if you can't find that file, as it has been part of all coppermine releases ever.

and statement plus letting me know what the statement should be changed to.
Already covered in the thread I refered to. Instructions will not change, no matter how often you ask.

Do as I suggested: post the link. If you can't: you're on your own then.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.