Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: Impossible To Move  (Read 3595 times)

RobbyL

• Coppermine newbie
[Closed]: Impossible To Move
« on: May 31, 2009, 07:16:10 am »

Okay, I know it's been posted to death, but I still can't figure out how to fix my problem. I've read the docs, changed my permission from 755 to 777, searched the board, read the troubleshooting section etc. Nothing is working. When I try to upload pictures I get the error message "Impossible To Move". This was working when I last uploaded items to my gallery a few months ago so I'm not sure what changed. I contacted my webhost and they suggested that I change my permissions in the album and images section to 666. Tried that and it's still not working.

Here is a test login & website

http://www.osmondheaven.com/gallery/login.php

test
123abcd

Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 02:47:11 pm by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Impossible To Move
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 12:45:05 pm »

I've read the docs, changed my permission from 755 to 777, searched the board, read the troubleshooting section etc.
I don't think so.

Upgrade! You're running cpg1.4.10, while the most recent stable release currently is cpg1.4.24, so you're running 14 versions behind. We're not ready to look into issues that may or may not be related to your reluctance to upgrade.

Here is a test login & website

test
123abcd
The test user account you posted doesn't have upload permissions, so what should we do with it?

Okay, I know it's been posted to death, but I still can't figure out how to fix my problem.
If you realize that, then you should have read the answer given by supporters over and over again: read the docs, section "asking for support on upload issues" and do exactly as suggested there. There is no other acceptable method to get upload support. All attempts to get support in a different way, i.e. by ignoring that piece of advice and just posting some request for help just results in frustration on the end of supporters as well as on your end.

RobbyL

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 04:25:19 pm »

I don't think so.
Yes, I think so. I spent ours on here reading your board last night. You have to remember that we are not technical like you guys are. Of course we aren't going to understand everything you post.

Upgrade! You're running cpg1.4.10, while the most recent stable release currently is cpg1.4.24, so you're running 14 versions behind. We're not ready to look into issues that may or may not be related to your reluctance to upgrade.
Thank you, that's all you needed to tell me. I didn't know I had an old version of Coppermine. I downloaded this last year from my webhost. You would think they'd have the lastest version.

The test user account you posted doesn't have upload permissions, so what should we do with it?
I did give permisson. I must note have saved when I logged off. EXCUSE ME!!!

I'd like to know who your supervisor is? Who do you report too? I'm sick and tired of coming on here when I need help and being treated like a child! You guys aren't here for nothing you know. You're here to assist with our questions. I to am in Customer Service. If I answer our customers like this I would have been gone a long time ago. Let me know who your supervisor is.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 02:57:13 am »

I'd like to know who your supervisor is? Who do you report too? I'm sick and tired of coming on here when I need help and being treated like a child!
We don't have customers. We have users. This is free support (as in "free beer"). It doesn't cost anything. Neither I nor any of the other supporters get paid. I don't have a supervisor on the team - the team is the supervisor: if the team thinks I'm wrong, they'll tell me so. You haven't contributed, so you're not on the team, but someone who is looking for free help. Therefor, you're not in the position to yell at me.
You guys aren't here for nothing you know.
It's my decision to whom I provide support to and under which pre-requisites. The pre-requisite is: you must have read the docs before being allowed to ask questions. There is a section in the docs that is named "asking for support on upload issues" - you don't have to be an expert to understand that. I do not believe that you have read the docs - if you would have read it, you would have noticed that there is a section named that way. I don't care how long you have browsed the forum, but if you actually have read similar threads where people asked for support, you should as well have noticed that over 50% get the same reply: that they need to read the section of the docs that I have refered to so often already.

You're here to assist with our questions.
Really? How makes up the rules? Definitely not. I'm here because it's my decision. I don't get paid. Review your attitude - you have someting to learn about open source applications and free support: you're not in the position to demand anything.

I did give permisson. I must note have saved when I logged off. EXCUSE ME!!!
Just creating that account is not enough - you need to test that account as well. You obviously haven't. This being said, stop the excuses, they don't lead anywhere, nor do your rants and accusations help.

Let me know who your supervisor is.
A very american attitude. I already told you. You could have found out if you would have started reading. A good place to start is the aboout-page (link at the top of this screen).

RobbyL

• Coppermine newbie
Re: cpg1.4.24 maintenance release - upgrade recommended
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 12:06:23 pm »

I know what I read and what I didn't read. I'm not the only one who is confused by what is written. I see many on here who get yelled at all of the time. Not very professional if you ask me. It may be true that you don't need to answer our questions and that you are giving your time to do this, but it's still no excuse to talk to people the way you do. No matter WHAT COUNTRY they are from. Being American has nothing to do with how you made me feel. If I were from Germany I still wouldn't let you talk to me the way you did. You talk to me like that I'm going to give you the same treatment. Have a good day.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 02:46:52 pm »

RobbyL decided to clutter the unrelated announcement thread "cpg1.4.24 maintenance release - upgrade recommended" with the above reply. I split it from that thread and merged it with this existing thread.
You're banned. Farewell.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.