Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows Install Still Cant Find ImageMagick Arg...  (Read 2556 times)

kieranmullen

• Coppermine novice
Windows Install Still Cant Find ImageMagick Arg...
« on: May 06, 2004, 12:10:48 am »

I just downloaded CM 1.2.1 to a Windows server with MYSQL and PHP which both are working.(I have oscommerce installed and working great)

I downloaded ImageMagick-6.0.1-Q16-windows-dll.exe and installed in the C:\ImageMagick directory. (instead of the program files directory) I even ran the demo at the end and it worked as well.

I gave EVERYONE full permssions permissions. All items in that folder inherit the same permissions...

I checked the pHP directora and everyone has full rights on that.

I check in IIS and the website has "Script Source Access" Scripts and Executable Permissions as well.

For the hell of it I gave everyone full permissions on the www directoyr as well.

Still get the error...

The installer can not find the 'C:/ImageMagick/' directory you have specified for ImageMagick or it does not have permission to access it. Check that your typing is correct and that you have access to the specified directory.

I figure I should not have permissions way open right now but I would rather open it way up to get it working and make sure it is not a permission problem and lock it down later.

I figure it might be me but I just cant figure it out. Would it have anyting to do with safe mode?
If so how do I turn it off per site in IIS?

Thanks!

Kieran Mullen

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
Re: Windows Install Still Cant Find ImageMagick Arg...
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2004, 12:41:57 am »

Keiran,

The install file may have trouble finding the ImageMagick installation on some systems.  In these cases, we recommend leaving the path blank, so you would be installling with GD.  Then when the install is complete, you can add the IM path in the Config console.  

You can then begin testing by changing the Thumb method to IM and activating debug mode.  Then try to upload a photo. CPG will give you very specific errors which will help you track down any problems. If you are operating in safe mode, you need to install IM in the safe mode executables directory as specified in PHP's configuration file.

Also, in about one month, IM will start compiling the Windows binaries with GIF/TIFF LZW compression activated, so keep a look out for this important functionality improvement.  You can have it now if you compile the source code yourself. 

-Hyperion  
"Then, Fletch," that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, "let's begin with level flight . . . ."

-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mozilla.org%2Fproducts%2Ffirefox%2Fbuttons%2Fgetfirefox_small.png&hash=9f6d645801cbc882a52f0ee76cfeda02625fc537)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.