Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Install - Upload Problems  (Read 3985 times)

lenroyles

• Coppermine newbie
New Install - Upload Problems
« on: June 03, 2009, 11:14:07 pm »

Hi, I have just installed CPG 1.4.24 and migrated all my Gallery2 files across (800+). That bit worked like a dream. I have a couple of problems. (outside this topic - I can't upload plugins either)
Am unable to do a file upload. Error:- No file was uploaded ! If you have really selected a file to upload, check that the server allows file uploads... File: /share/storage/03/ro/royles/cpg14x/db_input.php - Line: 311

I have debug on:- file_uploads | On | On

I have checked the albums, albums/userpics, albums/edit, include folders are 755. I am trying to upload logged in as admin so I already have the correct permissions? Quota 0, Pub Alb Upload=yes fixed/upload box=1/uri box=0.

I have always been able to upload to my G2 & e107 sites so don't believe that it is a server problem? Any way I can check this? I can modify my files etc. with shell and ftp.

File currently trying to use is 99k. Used others but same.

6. PHP file_uploads = on.
7. PHP upload_tmp_dir = no value. I see no open_basedir warning?
8. PHP allow_fopen_url - I see allow_url_fopen = on. So I guess the FAQ line 8 needs to be ammended (or the PHP config?)

I am getting the PHP setting register_globals is enabled message if that is relevent.
My ISP has turned this off for my webspace but it is currently still showing on within CPG? Propagation time?

I have done a database update and version check (all now in green except for the missing plugins/sample, plugins/sample/codebase.php & plugins/sample/configuration.php that I deleted a/c the other problem)

The version check found the edit folder 'dont ftp' file missing so I copied across a new one.

site is at http://ccgi.royles.force9.co.uk/cpg14x/

Thanks
Len

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: New Install - Upload Problems
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 11:29:04 pm »

Welcome to coppermine.

First thing you need to do is read the rules about posting on these forums. To speed things up and to make life easier for all each section also has its own rules. It is a lot to take in for a new user but it will make your life easier.

So, following the rules should lead you to read the docs where you will find this.

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upload_trouble

and this

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upload_error_messages

Following what this section of the docs tell you will 9 times out of 10 give you all the information you need to diagnose your problem. I can see you have read that as you have made the settings suggested (well done, most ignore that)

If it doesn't then come back making sure you have done everything outlined in the link below and we can take a look.

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upload_support

Paying particular attention to the user account, approval and creating and album where we can test uploads to (permissions for album and groups panel).
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 11:34:32 pm by Phill Luckhurst »
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

lenroyles

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 01:54:20 am »

Thanks for the reply.

I did ask some questions but I don't see any answers so I guess they must all be OK.

I had already set up a test user but was still trying to figure out what this was all about. I have a 'test user' who is a member of group 'registered'.
Registered is set up with 1024 kB. Permissions Ratings, E-cards, Comments = on. Pub Alb Upload = Allowed, Approv = no. Personal Gall = Allowed, Approv = no. Fixed boxes, File up = 1, URI up = 0.

New created personal gallery album = Test album.     Tried to upload as this user & get same error.

My concern about this was a security one. 'test user' has a passworded login. Is it safe to publish this here? I just don't have a clue about this as I have never had to deal with permissions etc before.

lenroyles

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 02:19:56 am »

Just found the bug fix at topic "No file was uploaded !" - db_input.php - Line: 311"

I didn't realise the significance of the php statement line but then I wouldn't.

I also didn't see any reference to this in the section "7. Known Issues"

Resolve yours threads? Another manual to read.

Thanks
Len

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 06:47:02 am »

Yes, you could have posted a test account as long as it is not an admin account. We would only ask for that as a very last resort and only via PM. We need the test account to try uploads and see various things going on for ourselves.

Glad you got your problem solved. In future, could you tell us what you did or link to the related thread as it helps other who may have the same problem.

In your case I think you were referring to this thread.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,59727.0.html
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 21 queries.