Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't remove album  (Read 8065 times)

mehmet

• Coppermine newbie
Can't remove album
« on: May 04, 2004, 09:25:12 pm »

Hello friends,

I have a problem with removing some pictures and an album. the pictures have been injured and i want to remove them but i get this answer in French :

Le réperetoire 'albums/*karadeniz/' n'est pas inscriptible : les images ne peuvent être supprimées.

in English : The folder 'albums/XXXX" is not writtable : you cannot delete the images

Can you help me  please?

At the first page, is it possible to change the "random images" by "most popular images" ?

the address of my coppermine : http://www.altaymanco.net/coppermine/cpg1.2.1_standalone/index.php

Thanks is advance!

Kind regards,

Mehmet

mehmet

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Can't remove pictures
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 09:59:26 pm »

Sorry guys,

I just saw that my post went many times but... I can't delete those ones as well. I'm sorry for the inconvenience

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Can't remove album
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2004, 11:50:23 pm »

I've heard of people who double post, but I've never seen a triple post, nor someone posting a message 4 times over (everytime typing from scratch, since all four varied slightly in spelling). I deleted your other three identical postings - with this behaviour, you're not going to make friends around here >:(

Only post one question per thread!

If the folder is not writable, you'll have to chmod it accordingly (make it writable) - simple as that.

Read the documentation that comes with coppermine on what you can have instead of random pics: http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/manual.php#changing

GauGau
« Last Edit: May 05, 2004, 12:00:59 am by GauGau »

mehmet

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2004, 12:44:31 am »

Dear GauGau,

I don't understand the way your answer angrily. I already sent my apologies before your message... I'm not used to be in this forum and I was wondering why my messages weren't published (I was looking at the top, normally).

Concerning my problem : it is not "simple as that" because I can't find this specific folder in the album folder. Can you help me ?

Kind regards,

Mehmet

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2004, 12:54:40 am »

I wrote my reply after seeing three of your four identical postings - the three didn't have apologies (the fourth had one). You can't delete your postings, but you can edit them, so you could have edited your four postings, changing the text of three of them to say "accidental double posting, please delete".
It makes me angry because it's a waste of time for me and other supporters who read every thread on this board. We're all doing this on a voluntary basis, without getting paid. The least thing I think one could expect from people asking for support on this board (and getting support for free in no time) is to react with some common sense and open their eyes - of course your posting won't be at the top, because there are sticky topics. Once you realized your error you could have edited your postings, making supporter's lives easier.

Regarding your problem: I'm not going to go through 400 pics in your gallery to look for a broken pic, so it would help if you could give a deep link to the pics you can't delete - this way we could track what folder they are in.

GauGau

mehmet

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2004, 08:56:49 am »

OK, got the message and I won't continue the short and useless debate about double posting, just one thing : it was done accidentally and I am sorry for the inconvenience. I perfectly understand the idea and I'm also helping people the best I can.

regarding my problem, here is the link to the album that I can't delete (with pictures damaged)
http://www.altaymanco.net/coppermine/cpg1.2.1_standalone/index.php?cat=&page=2
http://www.altaymanco.net/coppermine/cpg1.2.1_standalone/thumbnails.php?album=22

Kind regards,

Mehmet

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2004, 09:18:45 am »

right-click - properties on the broken thumbs show they're supposed to be here: http://www.altaymanco.net/coppermine/cpg1.2.1_standalone/albums/kapadokya/. I guess you manually deleted the images with ftp (you shouldn't do that). Either re-upload the pics to this location, chmod the folder they're in to 777 or 755 and use the built in coppermine functions to delete them or use a tool like phpMyAdmin and run a query like this to get rid of them:
Code: [Select]
DELETE FROM `cpg11d_pictures` WHERE `aid`='22';Make sure to backup your database before to be sure you can always go back in case someting goes wrong.

GauGau

mems

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2005, 01:11:15 am »

Hello,

Coming back to this problem : "I have a problem with removing some pictures and an album. the pictures have been injured and i want to remove them but i get this answer in French : Le réperetoire 'albums/*karadeniz/' n'est pas inscriptible : les images ne peuvent être supprimées. in English : The folder 'albums/XXXX" is not writtable : you cannot delete the images. Can you help me  please?"
regarding my problem, here is the link to the album that I can't delete (with pictures damaged)
http://www.altaymanco.net/coppermine/cpg1.2.1_standalone/index.php?cat=&page=2
http://www.altaymanco.net/coppermine/cpg1.2.1_standalone/thumbnails.php?album=22

I don't know how to use phpmyadmin, somebody can help me please to delete those files ?

Regards,

M

Nibbler

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2005, 01:19:41 am »

You need to make those directories writable using your FTP client. Also update to 1.3.

mems

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2005, 01:23:38 am »

The problem is that I can't see those folders anymore via FTP. What should I do ? Recreate folders using the same name ?

Nibbler

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2005, 01:59:58 am »

That works.

mems

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2005, 07:07:48 pm »

It's fixed ! Thank you so much for your help  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 18 queries.