Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Locking Coppermine  (Read 3304 times)

fantasyanime_guy

• Coppermine newbie
Locking Coppermine
« on: May 22, 2009, 02:39:52 am »

My site has been hacked a couple times recently, and I highly suspect that my older versions of Coppermine are the backdoor the hackers are using. Upgrading all my Coppermine galleries will be a lot of work. So I'm looking into an alternative.

I don't care to make anymore revisions to my Coppermine galleries. I was wondering if there was a way that I could modify Coppermine (hopefully as simple as deleting a file) so that everyone, including myself, is denied access to any function that would write to my server. In other words, I want to freeze my Coppermine galleries and keep them in a read-only state, rending it impossible for site hackers to use them as a backdoor.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Locking Coppermine
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 07:57:41 am »

No, that's impossible, there's no magic lock against getting hacked. The older versions have security flaws that the attckers are using. The only way to close those security-related bugs is upgrading. Upgrading is painless and easy, happens in less than five minutes if you have sufficient connection speed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.