Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Category List / Album List not visible for guests / anonymous users  (Read 7446 times)

malte74

• Coppermine newbie

Hi, i am using the latest Coppermine Version (1.4.22).
I've added a few Categories and Albums for registered users / special groups only.
I have just one stardart public Folder / Category that is accessible by unregistered
users. Now when i visit the Gallery w/o being logged in i can still see the complete
Category / Album List. I can't access them, beside the public folder, so the permission
rules are fine, but also i would like to have the Catlist / Albumlist to be invisible
for guests. I just want them to see the public Cat/Album. I don't want them to see
the complete Contentlist (Cats/Albums) even when they can't access them. Is there
a way to solve this problem? I didnt find an option and neither a concerning Helpthreat.
Thanks in advance.

/Malte 

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Now when i visit the Gallery w/o being logged in i can still see the complete Category / Album List.
Permissions go by album, not by category. That's why it's expected behaviour that the categories will show no matter what.
There's a reason why we have a section in the board rules that says you're supposed to post a link to your gallery with each and every help request: it helps a lot. Do as suggested.

malte74

• Coppermine newbie

Hello Joachim,

thanks for your reply. I've seen that rule, but in this case its not possible, as the gallery is running in an intranet/extranet project, so its not accessible
from WAN.

Maybe its not a permission problem, the albums for registered groups are not accessible for guests, so thats okay. But the Topic/Names of the Albums
are listet and being visible for guests. I simply dont want to let guests/non registered users to see how many and which kind of Albums the Gallery is
hosting.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Then why don't you just set the option "Allow unlogged users (guest or anonymous) access" to "no" in Coppermine's config? This will completely disallow guests to see anything except the login and registration screen.

malte74

• Coppermine newbie

...because i still want them to have access to the public folder, which should be accessible for nonregistered users ;)

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page

From the docs...
Show private album Icon to unlogged user

Toggles the display of the private album icons to unlogged users.
Set to 'NO', the album is completely hidden from unauthorised users.
Set to 'YES', the album name, description and statistics are shown, but not the thumbnails or files contained within.

Along with the settings in Album Manager
The "Album category" drop down list allows you to move an album from one category to another. If you set this to "* No category *" then the album will be displayed on your main page.

Seems to work very well on my personal photo gallery. There are about 5-6 albums that you can't see unless you are logged in as a member of the group that is allowed to view the album.

Without being able to analyze your site via a link posted here I am sure you will have to work out the rest on your own.

malte74

• Coppermine newbie

Hello i-imagine,

thanks for your reply. Your Quote from the Docs sounds pretty interesting. But where exactly is that Option?
I couldnt find it yet...

The 2nd Quote concerning the Album Manager doesnt really solve my problem... atleast i didnt find a solution
yet. All Albums are located in the correct Category. None of them is set to "* No category*" so these settings
along with the permissions should not make the name, description, etc. visible to unregistered users. So your
first Quote could really solve the Problem...

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page

It is in here!

Try this link also

Read it - Search it - Push the buttons in your admin. menus - Make/Undo the changes yourself since you are really  on your own.

"The Support Forum is not a library service"

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

thanks for your reply. Your Quote from the Docs sounds pretty interesting. But where exactly is that Option?
Don't expect to be spoon-fed... ::)

malte74

• Coppermine newbie

Well i've read the complete docs already before asking here... same with the admin functions...  but thanks again, probably i'll find
that option somewhere...

malte74

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Category List / Album List not visible for guests / anonymous users
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2009, 03:23:04 pm »

Thanks Joachim,

now found that option, but it's been on "no" already... so it must be something else. Thanks anyway!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.